Plotting ‘er brainstorming party
October 10th, 2005

“When I’m good I’m very, very good but when I’m bad I’m better.”
Mae West.

Book two plotted.
Title, SKIN
Jaded cop vs Mafia princess. :hello2:
This past weekend I holed up in my house with two other authors. We plotted 4 ST’s, drank, ate, laughed, cried and generally had a hell of a time. I’m exhausted.
While my one friend refused to call what we did plotting, she repeatedly used the term brainstorming. OK we brainstormed our character’s GMC’s and the beginning middle and end of the stories. So, sure we brainstormed.
My family was great. Two of my children happily gave up their bedrooms and bathrooms for my GFs. Hubby found things to do outside of the house. No one interfered. Between the 3 of us, we have 11 children, and while there were a few calls, the weekend went amazingly smooth and was extremely productive. Had we had all day Sunday we could have knocked out another 3 or 4 ST’s. As it is, I feel really good about my story. I feel great about their stories too, but was a little miffed when I kept wanting to insert a love scene and they both said in unison, “Not yet, Karin!” They both write suspense. Hey, I tried. Thank you, ladies for your wild imaginations, hair trigger humor, and insight to my voice. The weekend was great, and I can’t wait to do it again. Cheers!

Write on, everyone. I’ll check back in a few days. My revisions are looming and I’m a tad behind. More on that later.
Ciao,

8 comments to “Plotting ‘er brainstorming party”

1. Amy
    October 10th, 2005 at 11:38 pm · Link

Sounds like an awesome weekend! And to think…productive too.

(No smart ass comments from me about plotting. Swear.) :lick:

2. Michelle Diener
    October 12th, 2005 at 12:38 pm · Link

I think I can guess who wanted to call it ‘brainstorming’ (snicker). It sounds like such a lot of fun, Karin, I’m totally envious. Getting on your other chapters right now, by the way.

October 12th, 2005 at 4:55 pm · Link

Michelle, any time you want to fly my way, you are more than welcome to *brainstorm*.

4. Edie Ramer
    October 13th, 2005 at 9:47 am · Link

I too can guess who the “brainstormer” is. 😈 Sounds like a great weekend!

5. Allison Brennan
    October 13th, 2005 at 10:32 am · Link

It was brainstorming. :wigglemoon: It was it was it was. :hissyfit:

I have NO idea how they’re going to save the world, but at least I know who they are! And I really didn’t have a good grasp on my villain … now I do, and I’m very happy with him. :starwars:

October 13th, 2005 at 12:14 pm · Link

He is rather villainous, and sneaky too. Um, did we use enough pink sex stickers? :sunggle:

7. Kristi
    October 13th, 2005 at 1:05 pm · Link

Sounds like a great weekend. Totally, totally jealous of you!

8. Allison Brennan
    October 15th, 2005 at 2:45 am · Link

Karin, there will never be enough pink stickers to satisfy you. :sunggle: