Menage anyone?
February 6th, 2006

I just had to share!
Whew did it get hot in my office last night. Since the muse is back and I have banned all living creatures from my life until I complete the first draft of SKIN, the words are jumping onto the page. And last night an unexpected thing popped up. Ahem, actually the one thing was expected but the second one to pop up? That’s when things really got going. I don’t think I’ve ever typed so fast. And since I’m lousy at the keyboard to begin with let me tell you the 12 pages I pounded out on Vinny (aka Dana Alphasmart) took a lot to clean up today. But oh how lovely the prize. Whew-wee! I love this scene. :elephant: It added so much complexity to my characters and threw a whole new wrench into the mix. I won’t go into details, but as the scene is written it works. It really works! Nothing gratuitous about it. Mostly because for my heroine it was a ploy, a means to an end, one she knew could backfire on her if she weren’t careful. Guess what? You can be careful and still get into hot water.
Write on,
I am. :evil2:

6 comments to “Menage anyone?”

1. Amy
    February 6th, 2006 at 7:20 pm · Link

Quite the mysterious lady, aren’t ya? :guitar:

February 6th, 2006 at 7:39 pm · Link

I guess you’ll just have to read what I sub this week. bwahahahahahaha

3. Michelle Diener
    February 8th, 2006 at 3:57 am · Link

I’m jealous. I need to get my A in the chair el pronto. A week off has slowed the muse right down. Glad you are flying through Skin, though.

4. Edie Ramer
    February 8th, 2006 at 10:14 am · Link

This must be the revelation you talked about. I love it when that happens. :hello2:

5. Stacy ~
    February 12th, 2006 at 9:51 pm · Link

Well, that’s what us readers like to hear! Woo hoo! I’m really looking forward to reading “Skin” and I’m excited that your writing has been so inspired. :cheerleader:

February 13th, 2006 at 2:13 pm · Link

Ha! I knew it, that’s why I wrote it. Thank you Stacy for confirming my suspicions.