Here we go, the 35th entry!
July 4th, 2006

I taste their magic in the air.
I came here to get away from them. They should have stayed away from me. They must know what I did to his killers.

Please post all fifth lines in the comment section of the Fifth Round post.

11 comments to “Here we go, the 35th entry!”

1. May
    July 4th, 2006 at 10:21 am · Link

Phew. I’m still in.

Thanks Karin!

July 4th, 2006 at 2:03 pm · Link

I’m so sorry, May. But I’m glad you’re back!

3. Cynthia Clark
    July 4th, 2006 at 2:43 pm · Link

And one entry is missing it’s next line, sorry I hit tab and it entered itself rather than the line…

4. Cynthia Clark
    July 4th, 2006 at 2:46 pm · Link

And mone should be: So sorry, no more tabs for me 🙂

….

I could not believe my good fortune. A car pulled away just as I was within twenty feet of it and I was only one block from the address I was seeking. This was a great start, a sign, an omen. I was going to be early, but to get a great parking space, and a free one at that in San Francisco was worth it.
    I would not brave Pacific Heights in rush hour for just anyone, except a client.

July 4th, 2006 at 3:03 pm · Link

Cyn you need to put it in the comments section of Round Five. It’s what my judge will look at.

6. Cynthia Clark
    July 5th, 2006 at 2:30 am · Link

I did but it didn’t get transfered!! Will try again, thank you.

July 6th, 2006 at 11:28 am · Link

Jennette! You should have emailed me your entry! More than a couple of people emailed me and said they were disappointed you didn’t post. They were enjoying your lines. So was I.

8. Jennette
    July 6th, 2006 at 9:14 am · Link

Hey Karin, I just want to say thanks for doing this – what fun! I was on vacation w/o Internet access all last week and thereby culled myself, but I’m continuing to follow to see what gets picked! I don’t see how your judge is doing it – so many great first lines to choose from! Good luck, alll!

9. Tracey
    July 6th, 2006 at 9:46 pm · Link

I’ll second that Janette – I wanted to find out what happened to Tony Solomon. It is like christmas – waiting to find out what the next line will be…
    In Australia it is Tuesday when I get to see who is in the next round – I am starting to love Tuesdays.

July 7th, 2006 at 7:46 pm · Link