It’s here! It’s here! Today is the day!
September 12th, 2006

I’m so excited! My debut novel GOOD GIRL GONE BAD is officially released!

Go buy it!

Hah, how is that for shameless self promotion?

Seriously, I am very excited, and of course anxious.
Even with the Cosmo spread I’m worrying about sell through. Promoting a book takes a lot of time, and much more energy then I anticipated. It’s left the creative well dry. Although I did get some really good work done on JADED over the weekend. JADED is Jase Vaughn’s story. Sexy bad boy Jase Vaughn who you will meet in GOOD GIRL GONE BAD!!!

Reese’s story, that’s still-water-running-deep Reese Bronson, who you will also meet in GOOD GIRL GONE BAD, is SKIN, release date April ’07.

I’m exhausted. I feel like I could sleep for a week.
Maybe when I wake up my editor will be screaming because the sales far exceeded expectation. Hah, a dream come true.

And, hey, if you go to your local book store to purchase GOOD GIRL GONE BAD, and it isn’t in yet, please give the bookseller a hard time (not a nasty hard time, just a hey, why the heck don’t you have this fabulous debut novel from that really nice author Karin Tabke out on the shelves? Kind of hard time.) and order it!

Okay, so I’ll post the contest info on Friday. Officer Friendly will post his Cop Talk
Q & A Wednesday, and I’ll come up with something witty and urbane for Thursday. Any suggestions?

Ciao for now,

23 comments to “It’s here! It’s here! Today is the day!”

1. Tracey
    September 12th, 2006 at 3:25 am · Link

I’ll buy it – I’ll buy it!!! Probably won’t be able to get it in Australian book shops – but I’ll try – otherwise I’ll order it from Amazon.

Party party for the Good Girl Gone Bad

Congrats on the release Karin

2. Cece
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:02 am · Link

Huge congrats Karin!!!!

Thursday–slutty heros, fact or Urban Legend 😉

3. Edie Ramer
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:06 am · Link

YAY, KARIN! You’re going to do great with GGGB. Bestseller list, make room for Karin Tabke!

4. Elisabeth
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:39 am · Link

Woohoo, Karin! I’m so thrilled for you!!! Wishing you tons and tons of sell-through success. 🙂

September 12th, 2006 at 11:11 am · Link

Yay, Karin! Can’t wait to read your debut. What happens when you get hugely famous, will you have time for Blog Chat? I hope so, it’s a nice place to hang. And CeCe, love your topic. Yeah, what about the guys who sleep around? Why are they cool, and gals aren’t? Hmmmmm….. And did I her you right, Karin? Contest news Friday? Could it be….

September 12th, 2006 at 11:39 am · Link

Karin, Congratulations. I’m so thrilled for you and “Good Girl”. Celebrate!!!

September 12th, 2006 at 1:23 pm · Link

Tracey, there are stores down unda who are stocking it! But amazon works too. 🙂 Thank you.

Thanks, Cece, and slutty heroes sounds like a great topic!

Edie, you are always so damn positive! Thank you.

Raine, I *am* thrilled. I just decided I’m taking myself out to dinner tonight.

September 12th, 2006 at 1:34 pm · Link

Thank you, Elizabeth! Wishing you success with your new agent!
    LaDona, I will always be around to blog chat. I love Cece’s topic too. And as far as the contest news this Friday, it’s for the Scent-u-ous contest. If I get any news on the First Line Contest before then, I will scream it as soon as I hear.

9. raine
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:35 am · Link

Congratulations, Karin! You must be thrilled!!

(and lol at the ‘urban legend’…) 🙂

September 12th, 2006 at 1:36 pm · Link

Hey, Amanda, thank you. You;v ebene a great supporter.

Lynne! You made my day!

11. Lynne
    September 12th, 2006 at 11:59 am · Link

Just so you know, as of this morning, Good Girl is on the new trade paperback table at the Borders in Douglasville, Georgia. 🙂 The reason it was showing as available in their online inventory a few days early was that it was in their stockroom. They couldn’t put it on the shelves until today.

12. Lynne
    September 12th, 2006 at 12:00 pm · Link

P.S. And it looks FABULOUS!! I can’t wait to read it.

13. Lisa Pulliam
    September 12th, 2006 at 3:32 pm · Link

Congrats! I can’t wait to read it 🙂

September 12th, 2006 at 5:37 pm · Link

Lisa, thank you, and I hope you enjoy it!

15. spyscribbler
    September 12th, 2006 at 9:14 pm · Link

Oh fabulous! Good luck! I’ve been wanting to read this book since you made that inspiring post about kick-ass women on Murder She Writes. I’m looking forward to it!

September 12th, 2006 at 9:33 pm · Link

Hey, spyscibbler, I love it over there with my murdering chicks. Let me know if Phil kicks enough ass for you in GOOD GIRL GONE BAD.

17. Lee
    September 12th, 2006 at 9:58 pm · Link

Congratulations Karin…It will do well. I just know it…I can’t wait to get my copy…We’re so proud of you…

Lee

18. Rachael
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:06 pm · Link

Congratulations Karin! I can’t wait to read it!!

19. Theresa
    September 12th, 2006 at 10:06 pm · Link

Karin,

Congratulations!!! I’m going to head down tomorrow and look for it. I’ll also do a bit of reorganzing on shelf space and make sure the cover is facing out so everyone walking by can see that sexy cover…

That can’t help but stop people cold and make them pick it up.

20. Hubby
    September 12th, 2006 at 11:36 pm · Link

Congrats, baby. You’re off and running! But I’ll catch you…

September 12th, 2006 at 11:51 pm · Link

Lee, thanks for stopping by. We’ll celebrate over sushi tomorrow.
    Rachael, I can’t wait for you to read it!
    Thanks, Theresa, a friend emailed me that my book was at WalMart.com I hope that means they pick it up for a couple of thier stores as well.
    and please face those lovely legs out for everyone to see.

Hey, baby, come on…

22. Poppy
    September 13th, 2006 at 4:35 pm · Link

Sigh. My Borders doesn’t have it yet and B&N said it was “here somewhere” but couldn’t find it. I’ll go back and bug them again tonight.

September 13th, 2006 at 9:05 pm · Link

Poppy, it’s time to throw the gauntlet!