The par-tay is in the can!
September 24th, 2006

It was so much fun. Lots of excited readers, countless friends and family, and so many new faces. My head is still spinning.

The restaurant did a fabulous job. Kelly my girl, you were awesome, thank you for doing such an outstanding job. I can see why my daughter is so good at what she does. You trained her well. The food was excellent and while it was early, 2 pm PST, it was five o’clock somewhere, and the ladies were taking full advantage of it. Martinis runneth over. (Veronica, you are a naughty girl.)

I could not have asked for a better book seller. Cindy from Barnes and Noble, you are awesome. Thank you. Her helper, Iris kept the line moving. Thank you.

A bunch of us stayed after and had dinner. What an eclectic fun group we were too. I’m still smiling. At one point our raucous conversation cleared the restaurant, but that didn’t last long. When we left, the noise level finally met ours. I didn’t want to go home.
When we did get home, I crashed for 3 hours.

I want to thank my family for showing up en force. My friends? You ladies and gents ground me. What would I do without you all? To the many new faces I met, thank you for stopping by and celebrating with me. It means a lot. I hope you all love Phil and Ty as much as I loved writing their story.
As always, Gary, I couldn’t do any of this without you by my side. Thank you, babe.

Hubby and FIL took lots and lots of pictures. When we figure out how to load them I’ll post them. But now, I have a cake to bake for number two daughter’s birthday, and a house to get ready for a cocktail party.

Ciao for now,

8 comments to “The par-tay is in the can!”

1. Tracey
    September 24th, 2006 at 4:29 pm · Link

Great news to here it all went so well Karin. I was thinking of you. I’m glad you had such a wonderful book launch and heres to many more. :kisses:

2. Edie Ramer
    September 24th, 2006 at 5:00 pm · Link

Sounds like I missed a great party. And another one tonight! Enjoy. 🙂

September 24th, 2006 at 9:50 pm · Link

Yep, Edie, we missed the cool parties! Glad you had fun, Karin. What great fun sharing it with family and friends. Doesn’t get any better!

4. Hubby
    September 25th, 2006 at 10:19 am · Link

You did a great job, babe! Veronica could be the real good girl gone bad… Thanks to the Granada mom’s for coming from so far, and to all our family and friends for supporting Karin. Poppy, it’s 2/27… right? Ahum, who baked that birthday cake?

5. Elisabeth
    September 25th, 2006 at 4:19 pm · Link

Sounds like a great time. I can’t wait to see pics!

6. Allison Brennan
    September 25th, 2006 at 10:14 pm · Link

You were gorgeous, the party was a hit, and I’m so glad I went.

A

September 26th, 2006 at 12:24 am · Link

Hey, thanks everyone. Tracey, LaDonna, Edie, and Elizabeth, it was a great day, but better if you all had been there too. Next time.
    Honey, once again, thank you being my uber publicist. Have you been taking notes from Claudia?
    Veronica is very naughty, your football moms rock, and you scared Poppy!
    Allison, I was very happy you and mom made it down. While chatting with readers I dropped your name several times as *the* kick ass romantic suspense author to auto buy.
    Cindy would love to have you at the store for a signing. And you know she knows her stuff. She should be CRM guru.

8. Theresa
    September 27th, 2006 at 10:52 pm · Link

Karin,

Congratulations. And I’m so happy to hear the party surpassed what you were expecting. lol

I wish I could have been there to celebrate along with you. But I was there in spirit.