We interrupt this blog for stress.
December 13th, 2006

Yep, it’s too much right now. Without going into a litany of reasons why, something has to give. I have too much on my plate, and with an invalid husband (my fifty year old toddler) I am at a point where if something doesn’t give I’m going to go medieval on someone or something. I came to this realization this morning when I pounced on someone I love very much and hurt her feelings. No more of that!

So, I’m taking a big deep breath and saying no to a few things for now. And regular blog posts are one of those things. Knowing me I won’t be able to stay away from y’all for long, so check back. I will however be announcing this Friday afternoon the winner of Jasmine Haynes book OPEN INVITATION, which by the way I started the other night. 🙂 It’s vera sexy. So to win all you have to do is comment here or on any of the blog posts this week.

And for those of you who came around too late yesterday to chat with Hilary, you missed all the fun. If you read the comments and her responses you can understand why I stalked her for two years until she finally cried uncle and bought me.

Okay, so I really have to go, for a little while and get these boxes off to New York and my family back east.

Ciao for now.

14 comments to “We interrupt this blog for stress.”

1. Lee
    December 13th, 2006 at 3:21 pm · Link

Very understandable..This time of year is hard enough without the extras. Read ya when you come back.

2. Kristi
    December 13th, 2006 at 4:43 pm · Link

Stressed? Over the holidays? And with all of your other commitments? Nooooo. 🙂

Take care, Karin..and we’ll be stalking *you* til your return!

December 13th, 2006 at 9:32 pm · Link

Popping my head in. Thnx, Lee and Kristi. If I survive the next 5 days, I will survive the year.

4. raine
    December 14th, 2006 at 2:21 am · Link

Take care of yourself, Karin.

5. Stephe
    December 14th, 2006 at 5:57 am · Link

All I want for Christmas is… an OPEN INVITATION!!! (Might as well be honest. Pardon me while I throw in a few shuffling steps of the Egyptian Sand Dance to get your attention :o)

Glad to see you doing what’s necessary for your own sanity, Karin. So many of us don’t, until we’re already off the deep end. May the rest of us follow your example, because in truth, that is the BEST way to take care of our families–by being good to ourselves first. Cheers, everyone–Lee, Kristi, raine, one and all. Happy Holidays!

December 14th, 2006 at 12:59 pm · Link

Karin, hope you find some Zen time in the hecticness(probably not a word LOL) of the holidays. I’m sure you’ll be back blogging soon as things calm down.

7. Tracey
    December 14th, 2006 at 2:03 pm · Link

Karin – thank you for your great blogs. I’m sorry I missed Hilary Sares, I really wanted to be there for that. Anyway – you take care of yourself and your otther commitments, we’ll be here.

8. Rae Monet
    December 14th, 2006 at 6:08 pm · Link

Finally got through on dial-up Karin, to say, I’m sure your friend, being loving and understanding (because that’s how best friends are) totally understand your high stress level and has already forgotten the incident by now ;).

Have a great Holiday!!!

9. Edie Ramer
    December 14th, 2006 at 11:31 pm · Link

Karin, I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing with my personal blog until the new year. And I don’t have an invalid husband. 😀 Take it easy and enjoy the holidays.

December 15th, 2006 at 1:58 pm · Link

it’s friday and i am stil alive! i had the bunko babes over last night (i counted the empty wine bottles, almost a dozen!), a signing tonight, our party tomorrow night. i’m living for sunday morning.
    the good thing is, i have two bartenders working the party and they will also do clean up, so i’m going to enjoy the evening.

11. Amie
    December 19th, 2006 at 2:58 pm · Link

Take care of yourself toots! 😀

12. Rebecca
    December 19th, 2006 at 6:19 pm · Link

Karen, I hope things settle down and start looking up for you soon!

13. Rebecca
    December 19th, 2006 at 6:20 pm · Link

Sorry, KARIN. Geez, stress is everywhere… typos don’t help. 🙂

December 19th, 2006 at 8:50 pm · Link

thanks, amie and rebecca. today i have donned foul weather gear to repell the projectile vomiting erupting from the men in my house. say a prayer i don’t get this nasty bug.