And so it is Christmas…
December 22nd, 2006

And I am finally psyched! I just picked up the cutest Santas for my girls, shipped off the books to the winners here at The Write Life (sorry I got a bit tied up with projectile vomiting and other stuff), went grocery shopping for the Christmas Eve hordes. My housekeeper is on her way to clean up from the last party, and my laundry is nearly caught up. And the really good part about all of this is, I actually have a few bucks left over. Louis Vuitton here I come!

I have also confirmed with the outrageous Hilary Sares regarding her willingness to judge the next First Line Contest, which will commence some time in January. Probably mid- month. I’ll keep you posted. I think I’m going to allow 75 entries this time. There will be a few rule changes, but all in all I think the last contest went really well. One lives and learns.

I’m excited about my trip to New York in March. I’m taking my mother-in-law, aunt and number two daughter. While I am conferencing they will be shopping and doing Broadway. I hope to catch a show or two with them. Then in April I will be off to Houston for RT then in July to Dallas for National. I’m going to squeeze Kauai in there somewhere. It’s been too long since hubby and I took a real vacation. Between the long football season, which starts with Spring training, my conferences, my son’s school schedule, and deadlines it’s been pretty crazy. At the very least we’ll shoot down to the OC for a long weekend.

2007 looks to be my busiest year to date. Being a homebody at heart I’m actually looking forward to traveling and meeting many of you who I’ve come to know in the cyber world.

I get the feeling there will be lots of first sales for many of you. I’m hoping one of them comes from Hilary when she judges the final five entries of the First Line Contest.

With that, I’m going to take off and wrap gifts. Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you back here next week. I’ll be checking back to visit though.

And I want to know what Santa brought you! Don’t be shy in sharing.

Merry Christmas,

11 comments to “And so it is Christmas…”

1. Hubby
    December 22nd, 2006 at 6:49 pm · Link

So, you’re gone March, April nad July. I’m gone January, February and Spring Ball begins in May. Thanksgiving in Kauai, babe? Merry Christmas to all!

December 22nd, 2006 at 6:52 pm · Link

Like two ships passing in the night.
    I’m down for Thanksgiving in the islands. So maybe we can squeeze in a quickie the end of April early May?

December 22nd, 2006 at 8:37 pm · Link

Okay, if this is your guys schedule, how did you get all those kids???!!! Merry Christmas!

December 22nd, 2006 at 8:53 pm · Link

didn’t have such a crazy schedule back then. I’m so glad my kids are nearly grown.

5. raine
    December 23rd, 2006 at 1:43 am · Link

Merry Christmas, Karin and Hubby. May it be the best ever. 🙂

6. Michelle Diener
    December 23rd, 2006 at 5:15 am · Link

Karin, have a wonderful Christmas. I can’t wait to meet you in person and I’m looking forward to our pre-conference getaway :). I would like to prove you right on the first sale. It is so close, I can smell it :).

7. Amie
    December 24th, 2006 at 9:58 am · Link

Merry Christmas Karin and family!!! 😀

December 24th, 2006 at 4:06 pm · Link

Merry Christmas, Raine,Michelle and Amie, hope you get everything on your list!

9. Tracey
    December 24th, 2006 at 7:11 pm · Link

Merry Christmas Karin and to your family. I have enjoyed tuning into your blog over the past few months. I will emal you soon. Lot of hugs and kisses.

10. Edie Ramer
    December 25th, 2006 at 9:51 pm · Link

Karin, I’m thinking you and Officer Friendly will find time to be together.:) With my husband home until Jan. 3rd and visitors coming in, my holiday hasn’t stopped. Next week I’ll be writing again, and I’m really looking forward to it.

December 26th, 2006 at 1:44 pm · Link

Thanks Tracey and Edie. I hope you all had a great day yesterday.