« :)

Game on!!!!!
January 15th, 2007

It’s time. Post your first line in the comment section of this post. One entry per person. After the first 75 first lines are posted the contest will be closed. Ten entries will be culled by an anonymous published author, and the remaining 65 will be posted some time next Monday the 22nd. All entries making it into that round will have until midnight Friday Jan 26th to post their second line. Be sure to include your original first line. Second round entries will be a first and second line. If you fail to post by midnight you are S-O-L.
The five finalists will get a10 page read by Kensington editor Hilary Sares who will pick the winner and hopefully ask for fulls from all of the finalists!
And don’t worry if you are confused. Right now just post your first line, all the details will follow!

Good luck everyone!!!!!

117 comments to “Game on!!!!!”

1. Betsy Norman
    January 16th, 2007 at 8:47 am · Link

Sorry – posted quick just in case! Good luck everyone, sorry I got here late.

2. Sandy
    January 16th, 2007 at 9:10 am · Link

Where is the Devil?

3. Kathy Calarco
    January 16th, 2007 at 9:11 am · Link

Alex Munroe sat in the crotch of a dying tree, clinging to its fragile limbs as though it kept him from drowning.

4. J. Carson Black
    January 16th, 2007 at 9:32 am · Link

Amy Perdue Barnes said: “I need your help.”

5. Anne
    January 16th, 2007 at 9:42 am · Link

Falling back into bed with Jake Kramer was one of the stupidest things she’d ever done.

6. Anna
    January 16th, 2007 at 11:11 am · Link

Dominic Moretti hadn’t used his special wolf call on a woman in, damn, two or three days, but the vision of perfection walking toward him deserved a full blown howl.

7. Anna
    January 16th, 2007 at 11:14 am · Link

Sorry…thought I’d get one in just in case all the stars align, hell freezes over, donkeys begin to fly…you get my drift!

8. Christine Koehler
    January 16th, 2007 at 8:58 am · Link

The newly installed electric light bulbs gave off a strangely bright glow, and yet seemed to shine most brightly off her diamond engagement ring.

9. Carolyn Williamson
    January 16th, 2007 at 11:59 am · Link

“Oh lord, Chris, I didn’t mean to kill you,” he muttered.

10. Dee Ann
    January 16th, 2007 at 12:33 pm · Link

A soft hand skimmed over his heated buttocks.

11. Debbie Dunn
    January 16th, 2007 at 2:04 pm · Link

This is the first time I heard about this contest. I’m so excited to have made it under the wire…boy, these lines are GREAT! Thank you, Karin for doing this. What fun!
    Debbie

12. Jean
    January 16th, 2007 at 11:31 am · Link

I will not go back to that town!

13. Stephanie Secrest
    January 16th, 2007 at 1:19 pm · Link

I’m Entry #65. Got an email from Karin, saying I needed to fix my line. Since there doesn’t seem to be an option to edit my comment, I have to repost. Sorry!

=========

“Newsflash! Men are fixing the 5th floor urinal! Prayers have been answered.”

14. Theresa
    January 16th, 2007 at 6:52 pm · Link

Best of luck everyone.

Wow– this is amazing. Last summer I think the fifty slots filled up in twelve hours (give or take). This year Karin has graciously extended the entries to 75– and I think they all filled within two hours. lol

Karin, I’d say this contest has taken on a life of its own.

Huge thanks for putting up with us again. I can’t wait for the lines to progress, this is so much fun.

15. Dee
    January 16th, 2007 at 7:31 pm · Link

Am I too late to post?

“I tell you, Mama, if Sam wasn’t dead, I’d kill him and that whore he was bedding when he died, the one he left his insurance policy to, and his rotten-toothed mother who got my house and all my belongings and gave me this shack and an old rusty pickup truck,” I said hitting the weeds in the garden hard with the hoe.

16. Rita Horiguchi
    January 16th, 2007 at 9:53 pm · Link

Crushed, a thing of beauty, just as they were leaving England.

17. Loretta Wheeler
    January 20th, 2007 at 5:36 pm · Link

I’ve FINALLY had a chance to look at all of these:) Amazing…:) The few I was able to see when I posted, damn (can we say that here? first time I’ve blogged!) near intimidated me so much I was terrified to post:) But, since I’m currently “downunder” and had counted on my fingers trying to find the correct time exchange, AND stopped mid way on a drive to Sydney for immigration for my hubby, I punched the keys and whistled Dixie:)I have to say, I’m still intimidated;) there are some very talented gals on here:) And now? I’m getting on the phone and calling Houston to tell my mother I made it through the first round (my eyes are still big with amazement:)…THEN I’ll try and explain what a “blog” is to her too~!;)