Please stand by
February 12th, 2007

I probably won’t have the round five entries up until around 5ish today, I’m shooting for earlier.

24 comments to “Please stand by”

1. Donna Caubarreaux
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:00 pm · Link

Nothing like watching a blog anxiously.

Rather perks up the Monday blues.

At least the daffodils are blooming to cheer me up.

We love ya Karin!

2. Linda
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:04 pm · Link

Oh, thank heavens, I’m not alone! 😉

Yes, Karin, we love you! Thanks for all you do!

3. Anne
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:07 pm · Link

No, no, you’re not alone. Daffodils? Those are a ways off for me, I’m just coolin my heels in more ways than one here in Southern Ontario.
    Anne

February 12th, 2007 at 8:17 pm · Link

Yep, we love you Karin! I remember you’re in a different time zone too. LOL. Wish I had daffodils to look at. TN is hazy and rainy today, dropping temps tomorrow. Seriously, I’m ready for SUMMER.

5. Christine
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:17 pm · Link

Yep, we’re all doing it! refresh, refresh, refresh!

Oh, daffodils…here in the South they call them buttercups. My poor babies think it’s Spring and some have buds. They are so going to get their little heads nipped off.

Christine.

February 12th, 2007 at 8:29 pm · Link

It’s up ladies!

7. Donna Caubarreaux
    February 12th, 2007 at 9:08 pm · Link

I’m still not getting the italics thing.

Let’s see if I can do it.

i/If this is in italics, I’ll be happy./i

8. Donna Caubarreaux
    February 12th, 2007 at 9:10 pm · Link

Sandy, you’re going to have to give us the ‘dummy’ version of how to insert italics.

LOL…technology is fantastic.

Let me try something else

/i Italics /i

February 12th, 2007 at 9:15 pm · Link

you guys crack me up!

10. Sherry Davis
    February 12th, 2007 at 7:13 pm · Link

Okay, I have given up on the manicure. There’s nothing left . I keep checking back, refreshing the browser, checking my connection speed. I’m slipping into pathetic pretty darn quick. 😛

Karin, I don’t know how you do it and write, too. You’re a saint, seriously.

I’m going to find you at National during the booksigning and bring you a giant Cosmopolitan. Kinda apropo since your excerpt is in Cosmo magazine 🙂

11. Tracey
    February 12th, 2007 at 10:27 pm · Link

Italics is word which is “” word “” without the quotes. I hope

12. Tracey
    February 12th, 2007 at 10:28 pm · Link

“” word “

13. Tracey
    February 12th, 2007 at 10:29 pm · Link

oh – I give up – email me if you want to know

14. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:15 pm · Link

“At least the daffodils are blooming to cheer me up.” (ummm, just tested the italics thing. Hope it works! LOL)

Daffodils??? We’ve just gotten a 10″ – 18″ forecast of SNOW!!!!! Gah!

Glad to hear I’m not the only refresh fanatic here. LOL.

Sandy 🙂
    New Author Site Launched! – http://www.sandra.barkevich.com
    *February 24, 2007 at Sandra’s Goings On – Guest Blogger, Terri Garey – Dead Girls are Easy

15. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:18 pm · Link

Yay! I figured out the whole italics thing. It is html code. Use WORDS TO BE ITALICS but lose the quotes.

Sandy 🙂
    New Author Site Launched!

16. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:22 pm · Link

ROFL!!! It isn’t supposed to recognize it with quotes!

Ok Let’s see if I can do this. You want to put – i inside then put your words here, followed by with /i inside of that.

Keeping fingers crossed that works. LOL.

Sandy 🙂
    New Author Site Launched!

17. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:24 pm · Link

Sheesh! Use the open and closed “WORDS TO BE ITALICS but lose the quotes.

Sandy 🙂
    New Author Site Launched!

18. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:24 pm · Link

Sheesh! Use the open and closed “New Author Site Launched!

19. Sandra Barkevich
    February 12th, 2007 at 8:34 pm · Link

forget it. Grrrrr!

Sandy 🙂
    New Author Site Launched!

February 13th, 2007 at 3:44 pm · Link

Donna, when you and Tracey figure it out, please share.

21. Rachel
    February 13th, 2007 at 7:56 pm · Link

Ok, I got some instructions from Tracey and now am trying out italics.
    Rachel

February 13th, 2007 at 7:57 pm · Link

Show off!

23. Rachel
    February 13th, 2007 at 8:00 pm · Link

Woohoo! It worked! Thanks Tracey!

What she told me to do (and this is easier to explain on an email coz everthing shows up) is to put the following without the spaces between:

what you want in italics

If that doesn’t show up, there are 3 items before your words: the arrowhead above the comma, a small i, the arrowhead above the fullstop.

Then there are four items after your words: the arrowhead above the comma, the slash below the question mark, a small i, the arrowhead above the fullstop.

Hope that helps,
    Rachel

24. Rachel
    February 13th, 2007 at 8:04 pm · Link

Lol, Karin! I’m excited coz now I can go post my next line and change the word in my last line from the asterisk think to actual italics. Woohoo!

(Okay, I realise that probably means I need more excitment in my everyday life. 🙂 )

Rachel