Idols who are out
February 23rd, 2007

I must admit, the ones who got the ax deserved it, but what I can’t understand is how the hell Antonella hung in there, and also how she hasn’t been banned with those racy photos surfacing. Photos aside, if she has any hope of sticking around she needs to get over her case of nerves and stop singing songs she isn’t cut out to sing.
Was it me or did y’all cringe when the girls sang their farewell songs? Ouchy wouchy.
As I said the other day, I’m clueless about how some of them managed to get to The stage to begin with.
I guess it doesn’t matter because there is some serious talent that has every business being there, which brings me to my next subject.
Go balls to the walls. Don’t be shy, sing your heart out. DO NOT PLAY SAFE!!! Same goes for your writing. Those girls who nailed it? They played to their strengths. The didn’t wuss out, they performed, they laid it all out on the line. Those who sang in the little teeny tiny voices? The timid ones? Oh, yeah, they got booted.
How many times have you heard the agents and editors echo what Simon and Randy say? Sing the right song, bring something fresh and exciting to the table, and curse upon curse: DO NOT BLEND IN!!!

Okay, that was my pep talk for the day. I have writing to do.
Ciao for now,

14 comments to “Idols who are out”

February 24th, 2007 at 12:54 am · Link

Wine or no wine, no problem, Lorie. I just got back from my in-laws. We had the best calamari picante and lots of yummy vino. I need to write but I’m thinking of pouring myself a nice glass of cab and soaking in a hot bubble bath…

2. Lorie Hartt
    February 23rd, 2007 at 10:48 pm · Link

Good advice Karin.

I have to agree, I have no clue how Antonella got in either, especially when the girl who was in the room with her when she found out she was in the top 24 was tons better.

Good luck with your story.

3. Lorie Hartt
    February 23rd, 2007 at 10:48 pm · Link

Good advice Karin.

Good luck with your story.

4. Lorie Hartt
    February 23rd, 2007 at 10:49 pm · Link

Ooh, I hiccuped, and I haven’t touched the wine yet. 😉

February 24th, 2007 at 11:35 am · Link

I remember Antonella was very good in the early rounds, but in the final cuts at Hollywood I was surprised in both the guys and girls choices.

Oh gosh, racy pictures of Antonella, don’t tell Ducky. He’ll so be there throwing beads.

February 24th, 2007 at 2:29 pm · Link

Cele, if Ducky gets a gander he’ll lose his beads for sure. It’s girl on girl stuff.

7. Elisabeth
    February 24th, 2007 at 3:37 pm · Link

Okay, I’ve missed episodes lately. What happened to Antonella’s best friend…the one who auditioned with her?

February 24th, 2007 at 8:12 pm · Link

Thanks for pep talk, Karin! And I watched Idol and couldn’t agree more. Those timid gals, I wanted to goose, see if they’d raise the volume! LOL.

February 25th, 2007 at 3:33 am · Link

Eli, Antonella’s bgf got cut in Hollywod week.

LaDonna, I wanted to do more than goose them…

10. Rebecca/Kate
    February 25th, 2007 at 9:05 am · Link

Well, I haven’t watched Idol this season, but “balls to the walls” and “don’t wuss out, play to your strenghts” is great advice! lol

I’ll have to remember to take it.

11. Rebecca/Kate
    February 25th, 2007 at 9:05 am · Link

I’ll have to remember to take it.

February 25th, 2007 at 3:27 pm · Link

Rebecca, write it down and post it where you can see it everyday.

13. Meretta ~ American Title Finalist
    February 26th, 2007 at 10:52 am · Link

Excellent advice, Karin. We can get so caught up in the “rules of writing”, it’s easy to let our voices be trampled.

14. Judy Soifer
    February 26th, 2007 at 6:27 pm · Link

So what if he’d gained a reputation for being wicked. Dair Curator simply did what his race had done for thousands of years–watch over mortals.
    He shot a glance at the bottle-dyed blonde, who stretched like a contented cat. Good thing he was immortal, or she would’ve killed him with her sexual appetite. But, he’d given her just enough to crave more. Perhaps the time had come to show her the letter and find out if she’d seen one written in the same script.
    Dair strode to the window as the red ball of the sun slipped beneath the rolling green hills, reminding him of his own world, *Synchronos*.