I’m back
April 2nd, 2007

and exhausted. We all are, and we are all in agreement: the trip was magnificent, and if we could change any of it, we wouldn’t. We brought sooo much stuff home. I was concerned I would have to buy a third suitcase. Not only was the city experience fab, but the conference for me was as good. It was lovely to meet new friends, revisit with old friends, and deepen other friendships. I had the opportunity to spend a good chunk of Thursday night hanging out with my agent and editor, and meet other industry pros. It was all good. Real good.

I have pictures, and as soon as I can figure out how to upload them I will. I have a lot that needs my tending today and tomorrow. I may not post the next First Line round until late Wednesday. I should have a trailer of SKIN to show y’all soon. (I think Justin is about to shoot me 🙂 but he loves me so he can’t.) I also have the SKIN on SKIN contest to go through. A gazillion emails to read, and I do have a story to wrap up. Not to mention my business needs my attention right now so I must roll up my sleeves there. I’m actually looking forward to it. I miss my friend who runs it for me, so it will be good to spend time with her.
I am off right now, but will be around.

Ciao for now,

13 comments to “I’m back”

1. Edie Ramer
    April 2nd, 2007 at 3:49 pm · Link

Welcome back, Karin! It’s amazing that you feel up to blogging.

April 2nd, 2007 at 4:04 pm · Link

Karin, glad you are back safe and sound, although very tired sounding. Sounds like the conference was a blast, glad you enjoyed it.

3. Sandra Barkevich
    April 2nd, 2007 at 3:28 pm · Link

Welcome back, Karin. I’m glad you had fun. NYC is a blast. I was just there this weekend to visit my cousin’s new little girl.

Hope your reintegration into the everyday norm is smooth. 😉

Sandy 🙂
    Sandra Barkevich – Romance Author
    *April 28, 2007 at Sandra’s Goings On – Guest Blogger, Leslie Dicken ~ Secret Intentions

4. Donna Kowalczyk
    April 2nd, 2007 at 7:23 pm · Link

Welcome back, Karin! I’ve never been to NYC, and sure was jealous when you mentioned that cheesecake…LOL Glad you had such a great time. I loved the story about your daughter stopping the fire engine…I have two girls and can only imagine how tickled you must have been. 😉

April 2nd, 2007 at 8:16 pm · Link

We are so lucky to get you back. I’ve heard after a taste of cheesecake some never return.

April 2nd, 2007 at 8:20 pm · Link

Lets see, it was hard to decide if I enjoyed the raspberry swirl, strawberry shortcake or chocolate mouse cheesecake the best.

7. Elisabeth
    April 3rd, 2007 at 9:30 am · Link

Sounds like a great trip, Karin! So glad you had fun.

8. Donna Kowalczyk
    April 3rd, 2007 at 12:52 pm · Link

Karin, you’re evil…LOL The chocolate mousse sounds heavenly (I’m a chocoholic). In fact for Easter I’m making a chocolate chip cheesecake…my mom expects it every time she visits now…sigh…

April 3rd, 2007 at 1:07 pm · Link

here is pure evil, go to

April 3rd, 2007 at 1:09 pm · Link

and they ship!

11. Gaill
    April 3rd, 2007 at 7:03 pm · Link

OMG! I can’t believe you are rubbing cheesecake in our faces! More, please! More! I don’t know about ya’ll, but all of a sudden I have this great idea for an erotic scene (not in my YA, of course) that includes cheesecake in lots of flavors, and in lots of different scenes! Okay, there you go again, Karin, feeding my muse. Who, by the way, is always hungry, esp for cheesecake, and other tasty goodies! Oh, and adding chocolate to the mix, my muse is just a gibbering mass of bliss begging! Oh what a life, oh, to be a muse, instead of a writer!

12. Tracey
    April 3rd, 2007 at 9:47 pm · Link

Do you think they’ll ship to Australia :o)

Glad you had a great time, sounds absolutely heavenly look forward to the photos – Hope they don’t take as long as the 2006 conference photos
    ::wink::

13. Mary Marvella
    April 4th, 2007 at 3:31 pm · Link

I hope NY is recovering from your visit. How red is the town or did you paint it a different color?

Hey, what about the top ten? I actually remembered to check in even if I’m not in the group.

Get moving girl!