Hello from RT
April 26th, 2007

It’s Thursday afternoon and I’m already exhausted! It’s been a kick so far. Last night was the Ellora’s Cave party. They did a good job, and I must say the scenery? Well, all of the ‘Cave Men’ were there. And there were many a costumed lady in attendance. It was quite entertaining. The DJ was fab, the guys on stage dancing were fun to watch and it was fun to watch the women react to them. By all accounts a good time was had by all.

The male models are everywhere and good sports. I rode up in the elevator with one ‘Cave Men’ this afternoon.
“Are you having a good time?” he asked in his deep accented voice. I looked at him, smiled, then said, “I will be after a nap.” I stepped out leaving my friend Maya Banks all alone with the hunk.

As conventions go RT has done a swell job. Lot’s of people around to help out, everyone is friendly and it’s been great meeting people in person I have only met on the internet. The hotel is perfect, the service more than decent, and it’s very weird but you’re allowed to smoke inside! Only in the bar area but wow, everyone smokes! That said, I have a headache from the smoke.

Tonight is the Fairy Ball. I left my wings and dust at home, and hope not to stick out like a sore thumb. I suppose I should be attending the workshops, but don’t really feel like it.

Oh, some good news. I sold two more contemps in my ‘hot cops’ series to Pocket yesterday. JADED, release April or May of next year, and a yet to be titled Christmas book for October ’08 release. I’m happy. I’m also really happy to report that my agent loves REDEMTION! I love it too. I hope Lauren does as well. I’m really looking forward to next year. I’ll have five books out!
I will be a vera busy girl.

With that I bid adieu for now.

8 comments to “Hello from RT”

1. Lee
    April 26th, 2007 at 6:01 pm · Link

I’m jealous….Cave Men! Hug one for me..Have a great time, and a safe trip home.

2. Edie Ramer
    April 26th, 2007 at 7:38 pm · Link

Congratulations on the new sales, Karin! You’re hot! Just as well you left your wings at home. I think the horns and pitchfork look suits you better. 😈 I’m glad you’re having fun.

April 26th, 2007 at 9:05 pm · Link

Karin, WHOO HOO, girl! More sales, and more parties to attend I bet. lol. You go!

April 26th, 2007 at 10:52 pm · Link

I’m with Edie, you are so the pitchfork and horns type. Oh wait, maybe I was thinking of the hubby!!!

5. Hubby
    April 26th, 2007 at 11:01 pm · Link

Ah-hem…

6. raine
    April 27th, 2007 at 12:27 am · Link

Okay, when I grow up I wanna be able to oh-so-casually say, “Oh yeah, btw, I just sold a couple more books…” 🙂

April 27th, 2007 at 9:10 am · Link

Hey! I resemble those pitchfork and horns remarks.

8. Kristi