Lazy Sunday
June 10th, 2007

I should be revising, but it’s warm and the pool looks really inviting. It’s going to be one of those Sundays when we just throw what’s in the fridge on the BBQ, whip up some type of refreshing foo-foo drink and kick back. I love days like this. It will require a bit of effort on my part. Like making a pot of pork and beans, throwing together some coleslaw and cutting up some local fresh fruit. Not a bad trade, especially since when we are all fat and happy, the paper plates will go in the trash, utensils will go into the dishwasher and voila, the kitchen will be clean.

The last episode of the Sopranos is on tonight, and while hubby is lamenting, I say good riddance. I just never found myself sympathetic to any of those thugs. If they all get blown to bits, that will be my HEA. And I mean all of them. Although, I have to say, I was a bit sad to see Bobbie get it the way he did last week.

I’m looking forward to Rescue Me starting back up, and Dexter. Does anyone know when Dexter comes back? I haven’t seen any trailers. I hope the actor playing Dex didn’t get too uppity. I’m very curious to see what this new season will bring.
I’ve become more of an Entourage fan. I stopped watching Weeds when the main chick turned into a full blown grower and dealer. I just can’t sympathize.

I want to go see the last installment of Pirates, but I was so disappointed in the second one I’m afraid to take a chance. Anyone seen it? Commentary is welcome. I also want to see Oceans 13. Again, 12 was a disappointment, but 13 looks promising. Is it out? Has anyone seen it? I keep waiting for 300 to come out on DVD.

Any fave summer picks you’d like to recommend? It can be anything. Food, movies, or drinks.

Ciao for now,

9 comments to “Lazy Sunday”

June 10th, 2007 at 6:00 pm · Link

Ducky and I on baseball (it’s college world series time) are like you and hubster with football – it consumes our free time. We are Oregon fans through and through but when Oregon isn’t involved (we lost men’s baseball to title 9) then it is any Pac Ten team (well Washington is a stretch) for us. College football consumes our TV viewing in the cold months.

The last time we went to a movie – do not laugh – I think was Second Hand Lions – but I’m not sure. Yeah, it’s been a while. And TV well that is hit or miss on the shows, I tend to watch reality shows, scifi, or a chic flick.

June 10th, 2007 at 6:33 pm · Link

Cele, I LOVED Second Hand Lions!
    We watch a lot of college football too. Hubby is a big LSU fan. I’m a Pac 10 girl myself, and find myself cheering for Cal, and while I cheer on USC, I was not upset in the least when the Bruins upset the Trojans. I guess that’ll teach ’em not go in thinking it’s a gimme game.

June 10th, 2007 at 8:26 pm · Link

We own Secondhand Lions, lol. Every once in awhile, my husband will watch it.

I saw WAITRESS. It was slow, but I enjoyed it anyway. My husband didn’t. Every time I thought of it the next day, I smiled. If you do see it, be prepared to want pie. On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store and bought baking apples and Pillsbury pie crusts. My husband made the apple pie, not me. Another reason to like the movie. 🙂

June 11th, 2007 at 12:11 am · Link

Edie, you’ve made me hungry for something yummy.

5. raine
    June 11th, 2007 at 1:12 am · Link

If you were disappointed with Pirates 2, I’m afraid you probably won’t like Pirates 3 either.

Just my opinion, but I think it lacks the humor of the first one, and the characters were so busy keeping up with the plot there was no room for their charm.

But I must say that Orlando Bloom’s hottie level increased about 50% by the end of the film. 🙂

June 11th, 2007 at 8:10 pm · Link

I’m looking forward to Harry Potter this summer. Seeing Transformers with the son. And margaritas all season long.

7. Amy Knupp
    June 11th, 2007 at 10:20 pm · Link

Um, I saw Surf’s Up. Liked it. But then, I’m not sure I would’ve paid for it without the under 4-foot crowd to entertain. 🙂

June 12th, 2007 at 1:15 am · Link

Raine, thanks for the heads up. I’ll wait for it to come on demand.

Amanda, margos are always welcome! I’m looking forward to HP too.

Amy, what is Surf’s Up?

9. Amie Stuart
    June 12th, 2007 at 11:31 am · Link

My fave summer salad, greens, strawberries, feta cheese (preferably the one with sundried tomatoes) and balsamic dressing. *drool*

I haven’t heard when Dexter is coming back, but I totally can’t wait to check out Burn Notice on regular cable (TNT?) and The Closer is coming back.

Ok off to write before you beat me 😀