Rescue Me
June 14th, 2007

is back and it doesn’t suck like the Sopranos! I love Denis Leary, and his writing is phenomenal. I laughed so hard tonight. Boy, what a bunch of highly functioning dysfunctional people the characters of this fabulous series are. I can’t wait until 10 p.m. next Wednesday night. If you haven’t seen it, get the DVD’s. This current season is season 4.
Did any of you see Denis Leary in The Ref? Hysterical.

Okay, I had to pop in and share. It’s 2:37 a.m. and I am whizzing through my REDEMPTION revisions. Yeah, baby!

12 comments to “Rescue Me”

1. Hubby
    June 14th, 2007 at 12:11 pm · Link

and now my summer will be complete… Thank you Denis Leary and cast.

2. Sylvia Day
    June 14th, 2007 at 4:14 pm · Link

I, too, love Denis Leary. 🙂

3. Elisabeth Naughton
    June 14th, 2007 at 10:49 pm · Link

I LOVE Rescue Me. DH started watching it last night without me and I let him have it. GREAT show.

And, oh yeah. Loved, loved, LOVED him in The Ref. What a great movie.

4. Donna Kowalczyk
    June 15th, 2007 at 12:04 am · Link

Karin, The Ref is one of my favorite movies, and I’m so tickled someone else liked it! LOL Most people I know didn’t care for all the cursing, but I’ve never laughed so friggin’ hard over a movie (I LOVE comedies, so that’s saying something for me!). Man, now I wanna see it again…LOL Arthur with Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli is my all-time fave comedy. 🙂

5. Hubby
    June 15th, 2007 at 12:59 am · Link

Sorry, Donna but for best comedy ever, I gotta go with Mel Brooks’ “Young Frankenstein”. I certainly am a fan of Leary and the Ref but for solid laughs… Gene Wilder, Terri Garr, Peter Boyle, Cloris Leachman and Marty Feldman’s moving hump (which he did without telling cast and crew) takes the cake.

June 15th, 2007 at 3:36 am · Link

Donna, Arthur was great, I loved Dudley Moore and Liza in that. I loved Sir John as well.

But for me, just thinking about Young Frankenstein makes me laugh out loud. And Antonio Bandaras as Puss ‘n Boots is a crack up. And the first Toy Story. The Office is damn funny too. Michael is a complete moron.

June 15th, 2007 at 7:14 pm · Link

Karin, I’m been curious about Rescue Me, but never got around to watching it. I will now. Thanks!

8. Donna Kowalczyk
    June 16th, 2007 at 1:08 am · Link

I love Young Frankenstein! It’s my hubby’s fave movie of all time (well, Cheech & Chong’s Up In Smoke might actually be his fave, but YF is definitely second…LOL). I was surprised to discover editor Kate Duffy is Peter Boyle’s niece.

Some of my other favorite comedies (sorry, I’m unwinding after a long day…LOL): Easy Money (LOVE Rodney & Pesci!), Stir Crazy, City Slickers, Porky’s (LOL..yep, I admit it), Bachelor Party, Ruthless People. And I LOVE Toy Story, too!

9. Hubby
    June 16th, 2007 at 3:36 pm · Link

Analyze This and Analyze That… And most recently, The Wild Hogs.

10. Donna Kowalczyk
    June 17th, 2007 at 9:17 am · Link

Oh, good to hear. I’d heard The Wild Hogs sucked, and I really want to see it. Never saw Analyze This or Analyze That. Ever seen the movie Wise Guys with Danny DeVito & Joe Piscopo?

June 17th, 2007 at 2:11 pm · Link

Donna, Wild Hogs had some really classic moments. Bill Masey was hysterical. He is such a fab actor.

12. Donna Kowalczyk
    June 18th, 2007 at 7:09 pm · Link

I love the whole cast, such a great mix of talent. But when it came out it was followed by a slew of terrible reviews, and I thought it might be like so many other movies, where the only funny parts are on the trailer.