It’s Countdown time.
July 30th, 2007

Sigh, I do this to myself all of the time. I procrastinate. Although, I can honestly say while I have procrastinated, it wasn’t to read, shop, or lollygag in any way shape or form. No, I have procrastinated with a few deadline projects with other deadline projects. But I’m now down to the wire. I MUST finish up the contest entries for my chapter’s Heart to Heart contest. My coordinator, LaConnie has outdone herself this year. I do not think in all of my years of business I have ever met anyone as organized and as really good as LaConnie.

Myself along with some fab writers have launched a new site today The Write Attitude (it’s .net). It’s positive and uplifting. I um, haven’t done what I need to do there. I owe the site a few things. I have several guest blog spots I need to write. I have phone calls I need to make today. I have a stack of mail that needs to be sifted through and I have to work this week. Only two days, but work it is. And more than anything I have a manuscript I have to finish up revisions on.

I also want to get back into my exercise program this week. I swear I’ve put 7 pounds on since I got home from Dallas. No bueno.

So I may be a little scarce this week. But you know I won’t be able to help myself and not pop in.

So, what’s on your plate for this week?

20 comments to “It’s Countdown time.”

July 30th, 2007 at 12:59 pm · Link

My goal for this week is to beat the 40 pages I wrote last week. The only competition I face at the moment is myself, but I’m determined to get better at this write every day thing.

2. Jaci Burton
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:17 pm · Link

Ah, the to do list. I always do one every Monday. I probably shouldn’t, because it’s long.

My week? Writing, writing and more writing.

3. May
    July 30th, 2007 at 1:21 pm · Link

I have cake and cookies on my plate.

Seriously, I’ve a to-do list and this is what I wanna know: How come it never seems to get shorter?

July 30th, 2007 at 1:36 pm · Link

Karin, my goal this week is do a final read-through on my novel, before it goes to line edits. Also, I need to work on content of my upcoming website, and redo a blurb. I decided this a.m. to trim the fat on how I spend my time. So far, the good feeling is still with me on that one. I’ll keep ya posted. lol.

July 30th, 2007 at 1:37 pm · Link

Amanda, sometimes our best competition is ourselves!

Hey, Jaci, so nice to see you here! I just finished my very long Monday to do list. argh! But I did just knock out a contest entry. 2 more to go.

May, you and your cookies. As far as the list always growing? Sigh, maybe we just take on more cookies then we can chew?

I am now off to walk off some of this post Dallas chub!

6. Mary
    July 30th, 2007 at 2:50 pm · Link

My week is the best – hubby is out of town! Going to the movies to see HairSpray with the girls – mil is making me soft shell crab sandwiches for dinner tomorrow night. How lucky can one girl get (someone pinch me)lol – the rest of the week will be light house work, you know the kind that can’t be done when the men are under foot.

Mar

July 30th, 2007 at 3:06 pm · Link

Hey, LaDonna? The day is still young!

Mary, not sure which is better, hubby gone or the soft carb sanwiches. Hmmm….

8. May
    July 30th, 2007 at 3:46 pm · Link

LOL. You asked me what’s on my plate, remember? I could hardly resist the opportunity.

Maybe. Because I keep asking myself why do I do this to myself…

July 30th, 2007 at 4:05 pm · Link

All this food talk is making me hungry, and I need to trim some fat too. I was determined to write today, and then we launched the website. It was well worth the delay. And I finally did get some work done. Now I have to do some more.

My goal is to do at least 10 more pages today. Wish me luck!

July 30th, 2007 at 4:36 pm · Link

Ack. I get tired just thinking about everything you do, Karin. The only big thing left on my plate this week is to send out a submission to this publisher I’ve been drooling (ahem, okay panicking) over. One big thing this week was volunteering for the library’s end-of-program picnic. Nothing like passing out hotdogs to 40-some kids. Since it was today, the rest of the week is all about writing/editing/submitting.

11. Virna
    July 30th, 2007 at 4:52 pm · Link

Karin, very cool new site! You juggle so many things — awesome job. I too am suffering from the post-Dallas weight gain. No one told me that would happen! So my goals are to write and eat healthy this week.

July 30th, 2007 at 6:17 pm · Link

Edie, we celebrated four, yes four! birthdays at my house yesterday. We had three cakes, one of which was a multi layered lemon raspberry cake. There is a slice in the fridge calling me. Loudly.

B.E. get that work out there! How exciting.

Oh, Virna, sorry, I guess I kind of forgot to mention the post national chub at the National boot camp. heh. Sorry. Karin smiling widely with a halo glowing over head.

July 30th, 2007 at 6:20 pm · Link

Hey, I completed the Heart to Heart entries. Whew! Next on the agenda to is revise 50 pages of JADED. (luckily they are fairly minor). I also have to get out two boxes this week. One a gift basket, and another to Hilary. How lame and I? the box for Hilary is a thank you for judging the last First Line Contest. Sheesh. I suck at this stuff.

July 30th, 2007 at 11:45 pm · Link

Karin thank you, you are responsible for three links to be used in Wednesday links between this and next weeks.

My goal. To survive.

July 31st, 2007 at 1:31 am · Link

hey, i aim to please, Cele. I have added, Update My Blog Links to my to do list. Look forward to adding Wednesday links!

oh, and about your goal for the week. good one. 😉

16. Mary
    July 31st, 2007 at 7:10 am · Link

Just a note to let everyone know that one week from today, August 7th is my favorite sil’s birthday!!!! YEA – Karin.

Love Ya,
    Mar

July 31st, 2007 at 12:32 pm · Link

Mary, how coincidental you have a sil that spells her name like I do!

18. Mary
    July 31st, 2007 at 2:46 pm · Link

Kars,

U R just too cute!

19. Michelle
    August 1st, 2007 at 8:27 am · Link

Lucky for me, travelling sucks weight out of me. Don’t ask me how or why, but I always, always lose weight when I travel. One benefit of the two day trip with 4 times zones. There is always a silver lining, I suppose 🙂 .

August 1st, 2007 at 2:11 pm · Link

Michelle I gain when I get back from traveling!