And the winner is… and another little comp!
August 10th, 2007

Lee! While Lee did not come up with the actual title I chose for my historical series, her comment took me there.

My editor loves it! and while I really want to announce it right now, I have to wait. 🙁

But I promise to share as soon as I can.

Lee, I owe you a 300 DVD. I’ll get it to you next week.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I also want to thank everyone who offered suggestions and a big thank you to Jake, Hubby, and Marcia for making it a lot of fun. I still laugh everytime I read the spoof titles.

Now for my next little competition:

Next week is the art meeting for my cover. What I need help with is finding some pics to send to my editor. She has her concept of what she wants for the cover, and Karin has hers. I want you to help me convince her. To do that I’m looking for pictures of hunky guys on horseback, hunky guys in chain mail, and hunky guys with a sword, astride or not. I’m offering a $25 Visa gift certificate to the top pic, and 2 $15 BN.com gift certificates, one each to the runner up and second place pics. So, send the link in the comments section of this blog or if you have a jpeg, send it to Karin@karintabke.com and let me know in the subject line that it’s a cover contest pic.
All entries need to be in by Tuesday afternoon.

Thank you very much in advance.

I’ll be checking in sporadically, I have a crazy weekend ahead. Tomorrow is my San Francisco RWA chapter meeting, Sunday a bridal fair with the kid and Monday shopping, lunching and movie going with my aunt and mil.

So, everyone have a safe weekend, and go find me the perfect picture!

Ciao

7 comments to “And the winner is… and another little comp!”

1. Lee
    August 10th, 2007 at 9:30 pm · Link

I my GOD! I never win anything….I just went on line after a day of running around town, buying new patio furniture and shoping for a huge family BBQ tomorrow, and thought I’d just drop by and see what was up on your blog…I’m so surprised and proud I could help…I’ve been wanting the DVD….Thank you…

August 11th, 2007 at 10:29 am · Link

Lee, your comments at Karin’s contest were great! I’m not even writing Historicals, but wanted to read more about those Noble Savages. lol. Congrats, and have fun watching that DVD and feeding all those people tomorrow!

3. Marcia
    August 12th, 2007 at 11:31 am · Link

Rats! No more codpieces. I think Pushing Up Codpieces and Desperate Codpiece would’ve made great titles. 🙂

August 12th, 2007 at 4:11 pm · Link

B.E, I had to delete your comment with all of those fabo links, but I saved the ladyhawk one! for some reason the links screwed up the comment section so that half of the comments and my blog post were only half visible. But, thank you and I saved the one and will forward to my editor.

Michelle, thank you for emailing those links. excellent stuff. they also are going to my editor.

5. Michelle
    August 12th, 2007 at 4:29 pm · Link

My pleasure. 🙂

August 12th, 2007 at 7:57 pm · Link

Ack! I’m so sorry, Karin. If I stumble across anything else, I’ll be sure to e-mail it.

August 13th, 2007 at 2:58 am · Link

thanks, BE, and sorry Marcia about no more codpieces…heh, at least for awhile.