How about those Colts?
September 7th, 2007

I love Peyton Manning! I think he is so sexy in a goofy geeky sort of way. But when he puts that helmet on he is all business. I love the Raiders too, but Payton is my man. I’m not sure if the Colts play the Raiders this year (I’m pretty sure they do), regardless, I’ll be cheering for the blue and white. I’m a Colts fan back to when they played in Baltimore and Ersay snuck them out one dark and foggy night. The nerve of the guy!

It took Payton a bit to get into his groove last night but boy when he did the Saints didn’t stand a chance. And that defense? I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Colt’s D so lit up.

And how about that Cal game last Saturday? Loved it! Sorry all of you Vol fans out there, but the Golden Bears really needed that win. Hubby is an LSU fan, I like my Pac 10 teams. Cal on top.

So now I have to split my time between my son’s team, Cal, the Colts and Raiders. Sounds like pure bliss to me.

How about you? Football fan or baseball fan and who are pulling for this season?

11 comments to “How about those Colts?”

September 7th, 2007 at 11:16 am · Link

Isn’t it good that God made five nights for football? Friday for prep, Thursdays and Saturdays for College, and Sundays and Mondays for the Pros.

The Cal win was awesome, I always root Pac Ten. But last night’s defeat of the Oregon State Beavers was a sad, sad comment. I am an Oregon fan through and through, but I the temperment of the Wolverines will not be pretty this Saturday.

I never liked Payton Manning, I didn’t dispute his talent, he just seemed emotionally untouchable to me. Then he started doing commercials. You’ve gotta love a man who doesn’t take himself seriously. Payton Manning has totally won me over. I’m a Dolphin fan first, and a Saints fan second, but I will always root for Payton when he’s not playing one of my teams.

2. Hubby
    September 7th, 2007 at 11:59 am · Link

What, no Saturdays with the Mighty Menlo Oaks?

September 7th, 2007 at 12:14 pm · Link

Don’t forget Cele, NFL on Tursday nights!

Menlo Oaks? Oh, yeah, huh?

4. Elisabeth Naughton
    September 7th, 2007 at 12:27 pm · Link

I’m a college sports fan through and through. Not big into pro football, but I do like pro baseball, esp. if someone I’ve watched through the college ranks makes it to the show.

That said, my Beavs got spanked last night (OMG…let’s not go there. Ouch). DH is a huge ND fan and they likewise got whalloped last weekend. Not looking good for our teams this season. *sigh*

September 7th, 2007 at 12:31 pm · Link

Eli, that ND loss was *butt* ugly!
    What the heck has happened to those guys?

September 7th, 2007 at 1:20 pm · Link

I love football and baseball. My favorite is college football though. Go Blue! I’ve been a UofM Wolverines fan since I was a kid (although after this past weekend’s showing, I’m more than a little annoyed). And since I lived in Tallahassee for a while, I root for the FSU ‘Noles. Pro-Ball, I love Peyton, and his brother, Eli. I also root for the Packers and the Steelers.

September 7th, 2007 at 1:21 pm · Link

Ack! I typed in my baseball favs, but the ‘net ate ’em. Maybe there’s a block against admitting I’m a Yankees fan. LOL

September 7th, 2007 at 2:18 pm · Link

lo, boo hiss Yankees!!!

My youngest son loves the ‘noles. this past week’s loss was ugly.

September 7th, 2007 at 2:43 pm · Link

It was a sad weekend for me. Tell your son you know someone who’s been inside Doak Campbell stadium. And although I never got to meet Mr. Bowden, I hear he’s a great guy. Very nice and very much the southern gentleman.

10. Mary
    September 7th, 2007 at 2:51 pm · Link

B.E. I have to had a bigger BOO HISSSSSSSSSSSS –
    GO RED SOX NATION!

Football Pro – PACKERS FOREVER then the Pats
    College ball – TERRAPINS or NoOne
    High school – My Susquehannock Warriors
    I think that’s everyone – god I truly am a sports fanatic.

Mar

September 9th, 2007 at 10:49 am · Link

Karin, I love baseball. Just wanted to mention here that my brother’s Fam are huge sport’s fans. My nephew named his son Peyton, after the one and only you mentioned. So, kinda cool. LOL.