The AI guys are running hot and cold
February 27th, 2008

But, I thought those who had weak performances last week stepped it up. I found myself at odds with the judges most of the evening. Especially the Dawg. My oldest son and his friend Nick were by this evening to eat me out of house and home, and to get a lesson in tie tying. The full Windsor or half Windsor? That was the question of the evening. Amongst the lessons by the hubster, Nick couldn’t stop commenting on how hot Paula looked tonight. When he let is slip he’d like to get all up on her, I gave him the evil eye. He immediately apologized for being so crude, then followed that by saying under his breath, “But I really do.”

So, last week, Michael rocked down the house. This week I wasn’t feeling the wavy voice thing. I love Fleetwood Mac too, but Mikey sounded kind of amateurish to me tonight. Rough, pitchy, and the shouting did the performance in for me. The audience gave him a polite response. I thought Randy was too nice, Paula; bleck, and Simon? I agreed with him.

Jason: He’s so darn cute! And kind of goofy too. Still hate the hair. I bet it smells funny. So for me tonight the Bee Gees never sounded so good. I loved it. I totally disagreed with Randy and Simon. I really, really enjoyed the performance.

Luke: Better then last week. I didn’t care for the high notes though, and although a better performance, I wasn’t feeling it. And I agree with Simon, it was whiny. I predict Luke will go home this week.

Robbie: I love Foreigner, especially Hot Blooded, one of my all time favorite songs. I thought the performance was okay. If he doesn’t step it up for the judges to ‘get’ him he may go in a week or two.

Danny: Okay, I hate when this kid talks. That was the ewwiest, creepiest interview ever on AI. Quadruple bleck! That said, I thought the kid did a great job tonight. I really enjoyed his performance. I mean I was all ready to write nasty stuff, but damn, it was good. I totally disagreed with Randy, and if Paula said anything I wasn’t paying attention.

David H: He has a good strong voice. Up to that point it was the best performance of the night. I love the Temptations and he did a great job with the song. He’ll make it to final three men.

Jason Y: He started out good. MUCH improved over last week. I enjoyed it, and totally disagreed with Randy, What’s-her-name, and Simon! By the judge’s comments alone he may go.

Chikezie: Didn’t feel this one, even though it was better then last week. It was boring to me. Randy and I are really at odds tonight. Chik may go this week.

David C: Love Paul Rogers!! I enjoyed David’s rendition of All Night Long. I agreed with Randy. Paula shut up, and Simon said, it was solid. But OMG! When he made the no charisma comment, I cringed. But damn if Simon isn’t right. I think dumbass David C must have his head up his ass to think Simon’s opinion means nada. Doesn’t David know whose show it is? Sheesh.

David A: Okay, so I didn’t really care all that much for the beginning of his performance. But, it got better for me. And let me clarify one thing, it wasn’t David’s voice, he is good, awesome, soul stirring, and may win the thing, but the performance was slow to me. Obviously the judges strenuously disagreed with me on this one. Oh, well. I mean that chick who sits between the Dawg and Simonizer was crying! So I obviously missed some thing.

So what did you think? I think we are in for a good competition. If the weakest links keep improving it will be really interesting. There is however some more dead wood to dump. Who do you pick to go this week?

13 comments to “The AI guys are running hot and cold”

February 27th, 2008 at 2:18 am · Link

I totally agreed with Randy’s comment about 70s being some of the best music..it’s that when you grew up thing. But some of the song selections, you’ve gotta ask, “Whoa, dude what were you thinking?”

I love Jason Castro, to pick a Bee Gees song could mean that you’re going to be in deep dodo from terminal boredom, but he put his own mark on it. I still would go out and buy last week’s song right this minute.

I thought Chikezea did a 180. He chose a style and song that was perfect for him this week.

David Archuletta, Wow, the kid can sing.

I’m on the fence about the Davids. David Cook’s Alright now, was just alright. David Hernandez’ Papa Was A Rolling Stone was interesting.

I also thought that Luke’s choice fit his voice well. as to the rest of them, bleck, bleck and triple bleck.

February 27th, 2008 at 2:18 am · Link

David Archuletta, Wow, the kid can sing.

February 27th, 2008 at 2:20 am · Link

wow sorry about the double post, weird. I forgot to add… Barring Vote the Worst… I’d say going home this week… Daniel Noriega (VTW poster child) and Jason Yeager going home.

4. Jaci Burton
    February 27th, 2008 at 8:21 am · Link

The kid David A has the voice, and the magic. And the little girl’s who will auto dial him into the finals, I imagine.

I love David C, but I think he needs to learn some humility. Like you said, this is Simon’s show and he acted like an arrogant ass.

Michael the Aussie was kind of meh for me this week.

Still don’t like Jason of the dreadlocks.

David H has a solid voice and he did well.

Luke did better, but I don’t think he’s a front runner.

Robbie – eh, not as much of a rocker as he’d like to think he is. I wasn’t impressed.

Danny – blech. I think he just all around sucks and needs to go.

Jason Y – sounded like a cruise ship crooner. He’s history.

Chikezie – better this week than last. He’s got a strong voice.

I’m guessing Jason Y and Danny, unless VTW insinuate enough votes to keep Danny in.

🙂

5. Mary
    February 27th, 2008 at 8:47 am · Link

okay, first although the BeeGee’s wrote the song it was Andy Gibb (mmmmmmmmmmmmmm) that made the song popular (my teen years).

The performances in my opinion paled to last weeks.

David A. – they might as well give him the trophy and go home WOW! So young and so filled with god given talent.

David C. – he was just all right with me (no pun intended).

Chickezee – blew me away. Great vocals good song choice.

Danny – well this kid just give my the creeps to FLAMIN’ he gots to go!

Jason of the dreadlocks (like the title) I thought of course was very good, although loving the song might have swayed my opinion.

Jason Y. – definate karokee material.

Luke – missed his performance.

My aussie – sucked this week – still hot as ever though (so I’m voting for looks).

Danny H. – loved the song good strong performance.

and finally Robbie – thought he also sounded like he was doing karokee not original enough.

6. Margaret
    February 27th, 2008 at 8:53 am · Link

Well, I confess I didn’t watch much of the show, I was too busy watching NINJA WARRIOR!! LOVE that show, and my main man, Nagano won the whole shebang last time and they had to redesign the course.
    Anyhoo, that said, did you mention to your kiddo that She-who-must-not-be-named is around his mother’s age?! Amazing what money and plastic surgery will do.

February 27th, 2008 at 10:07 am · Link

With the first four guys up, I was thinking it was a waste of my time when I could’ve been writing. It wasn’t that they were awful, maybe they were even good, but they didn’t stand out. But then David H sang, and I got up from my chair and started dancing. Chikezie rocked too. I think he’ll be back next week. David C was good, but not as strong as a few others. David A was the best for me.

I’m not sure who will be out this week. Luke and Jason maybe. I’m not crazy about Danny N’s personality, and wouldn’t mind if he was voted off (though there were worse singers). I think the Aussie will be back. I hope so. He’s got a great voice, he just didn’t pick a good song to showcase it.

8. Amie Stuart
    February 27th, 2008 at 11:05 am · Link

I agree w/Cele on the 70’s being great for music–I LOVED Chikezee!!!!! Was sadly disappointed in some and am praying fervently that Jason Yeager (who i just HATE) and Luke Menard who should be sent home for that (forgive me God) poor drag queen’s imitation of Queen he did.

I’m afraid I agreed with the judges (for the most part) last night.

February 27th, 2008 at 11:46 am · Link

It is totally Karma. I was jaw dropped last week when they misattributed a Connie Francis song. While the Bee Gees had their fingers all over that song, Jaci caught me, she’s right it was the baby Bee Gee Andy Gibb who did I’ll Be Your Everything.

And I call myself a DJ. pfft!

February 27th, 2008 at 1:31 pm · Link

Margaret, I didn’t have to mention Paula’s age to Nick. He brought it up. He is very impressed by the fact she look so good for *age*. And she did look exceptionally good last night.

Cele, Andy Gibb is a baby Bee Gee. 🙂 Don’t feel bad, I made the same mistake. Fi on moi.
    and I love love love the 70’s music. Great decade!

February 27th, 2008 at 10:43 am · Link

Hey Karin, I love David A,(will probably win) and Jason dreadlocks. I just love his sound even if his hairs smells. LOL. There’s about three I have total faith in. Can’t wait to see what the chickies do tonight.

12. Virna
    February 27th, 2008 at 6:49 pm · Link

I think the competition will start after a few more cuts. I agree Danny’s interview was creepy, but I didn’t like his song either. I’m still voting for the first and last performers.

February 28th, 2008 at 3:14 am · Link

Virna, my MIL cannot stand him. Everytime he comes on the screen she calls me to complain.