Oh What an 80’s AI Night!
March 5th, 2008

Sooo, things started off a little slow but certainly picked up.
I will say this about Paula: Her hair looked great tonight.

Let us begin with Luke Menard who will go home Thursday night. Wham? Pullessse. Too girly for him even though he sang it well. I was bored. And Randy was right, it sounded rushed. Paula mumbled, and Simon as usual was his awesome self.

David A: another solid performance. The kid has talent, but I didn’t find myself sitting up and really paying attention. David didn’t seem too happy when the judges didn’t fall all over themselves to tell him how awesome he was.

And why did they pan to Denise Richards sitting in the audience? Is she man hunting? Or wait a minute! She has some new reality show coming up. How to ditch one husband, and steal another in less then 10 days. I won’t be watching that. Okay, that wasn’t nice. I’m going to delete it. Who knows what was going on in her house? It’s obvious we know what was going on in Ritchie Sambora’s house. Ooops. Did I say that?

So, Dawgs check it out: http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1443716749
I didn’t like Danny Noriega before. Now? He makes me sick to my stomach. So to say I was predisposed to not care for his performance tonight would be an understatement. That said, even if I weren’t, I still would have puked in the bag I had ready for just that purpose. Paula cannot complete a sentence, Randy is on crack, and Simon is the MASTER! Useless? Too nice of you, Simon. The kid has issues, and he has an ugly soul. I cannot wait for him to go. And when he does it will be ugly. They’ll have to bleep out his goodbye speech. Good riddance in advance.

David H: Our former topless bartender and stripper. Do I care? Nope. I think he’s good, and conducts himself well. I enjoyed his performance. He looked and sounded good tonight.

Michael: FINALLY! A real man! Loved the way he started, and loved the way he finished. So tell me: does Paula love everyone and everything?

David Cook: I totally dug this performance! Loved it! I was so hoping the judges would too ad they did! Randy was right on. Paula, blah blah blah, and Simon said the ‘L’ word! Rock on David! Please record that song, I want to download it on my iPod!!

Jason C: He is such a sweet goofball. Hallelujah! I so dug it!! Hubby didn’t. I sat up and was totally into it. It was different and it showed his dimension as a singer and a performer. I was really thinking for some whacked out reason the judges, except Paula who loves all things, were going to give him a thumbs down. I was going to be pissed if they did. Well, then Simon dropped a B bomb! He said it was brilliant. Sigh. I am a very happy camper right now.

And then there was Chikezie: I forgot all about him. I was totally ready to have a cigarette after Michael, David C and Jason. I like the smooth timber of Chik’s voice, even though it was a little pitchy tonight. The performance was okay. Randy: I agreed. Paula: blah blah blah. Simon is not a fan. He hasn’t been from the beginning.

Okay, so my final thoughts. My hope is we do not have to suffer through another week of Danny N. He is just gross. Luke is going home. If he doesn’t then it will be the Chik.

Thoughts?

17 comments to “Oh What an 80’s AI Night!”

March 5th, 2008 at 1:01 am · Link

Great minds, LaD! Hey, I just got finished downloading a bunch of Jeff Buckly. Great stuff!

Of course last week I downloaded some really classic 70’s. one was Cinderella by Firefall. Love the sound.

March 5th, 2008 at 1:07 am · Link

Oh mi god. I had to go watch that TMZ clip and I so wished I’d not.

My thoughts…hmmm, mixed bag

Luke Menard – Wham? Buu-bye
    David Archuleta – While I’m not a Phil Collins fan, David is brilliant
    Danny Noreiga – This guy will have a simply marvelous career in North Beach
    David Hernandez – good vocal, bad ending
    Michael Johns – just doesn’t cut it for me. Boring, pitchy, and what was with the Michael Hutchsen reference?
    David Cook – Liked it very different, made it a totally different song with a new texture – owned it.
    Jason Castro – this guy is totally my favorite
    Chekezie – sorry dude, Boooring. Because I know Danny will be around, it’s ciao dude.

And Karin the songs are to be had on Itunes.

Going… It should be Danny and Luke, but I’m betting I’m wrong about the one that should go the most.

March 5th, 2008 at 1:14 am · Link

Sorry, Cele, I suppose I should have posted a warning with the video link. Ugly, huh?

Thanks for reminding me about the AI downloads. Going there now. BTW, I’m listening to Jeff Buckly singing Hallelujah. It’s amazing.

March 5th, 2008 at 12:57 am · Link

Karin, we are so on the same page here. David A, David Cook, Michael, and Jason put goosebumps on my arms tonight. The rest can go. And that spook, Danny N, makes me very nauseous. Seriously, I can’t watch the guy. I have to look off to the side, or read when he’s flipping around. AI had some serious talent tonight. And Simon just rocks…LUV him.

5. Jaci Burton
    March 5th, 2008 at 9:03 am · Link

Agree with you Karin! Several of the guys were awesome last night. Danny sucks. Luke is hot looking but should definitely go home. Really hope Danny goes with him. Ugh. If not, it’ll probably be Chikeze, though he should stay longer.

Love David C! He rocked that Lionel Ritchie song!

And I listened to the Jeff Buckley Hallelujah last night too. Wonderful song!

6. Amie Stuart
    March 5th, 2008 at 11:23 am · Link

>>Danny Noreiga – This guy will have a simply marvelous career in North Beach

LMAO!!!!!!!

I’m snipping this from my blog…Paula…WTF was that mass incoherency? If you watch…all night….she’ll go to compliment whoever is singing, then stop IN THE MIDDLE and say ALL THE BOYS ARE WONDERFUL! WTF

I totally think Luke M is going home–what the WHAM–and I think because of VFTW someone who doesn’t deserve to go yet may go on Thursday.

7. Lynn Raye Harris
    March 5th, 2008 at 11:42 am · Link

I think Paula took too many of her happy pills last night. Yeesh!

I LOVED David Cook’s performance. Loved it! I like rockers, though. His was my favorite, probably with Jason in second. David A is very good and I like him, but those screaming girls irritate me.

I’m worried about the eliminations. I agree about Luke and Danny, but I’m afraid the preteen girls don’t quite get that Danny is gay and will vote in droves. *sigh*

March 5th, 2008 at 12:13 pm · Link

Jaci, I listened to the JB song a half dozen times last night. I can’t get it out of my head. I’m listening to it now. I’d never heard of him before last night. It was weird. As I was listening to the song for the first time after I downloaded it i was thinking how haunting it was. I had a feeling he was dead. I went a googleing and he is. ’97. He drowned. What a sad loss.

Amie, Paula is, well–she, I–think…all the judges are–I just LOVE everyone!

Lynne. I really dug David C’s performance as well. Good stuff. As far as the little girls and Danny, let’s hope they stop voting for him because he is as Simon says, “Completely and utterly useless.”
    Have I mentioned recently how much I love Simon. Heh, I want to see him brush his shoulder off when that little twerp is voted off. hahahaha.

I am off to write. I totally sucked at pages yesterday. Only 8.

March 5th, 2008 at 1:51 pm · Link

Karin, I agree with you on everyone except David A. I think he’s wonderful. Luke will go, and probably Chikezie, although I agree Danny N should go.

When I get a chance, I’m looking up Jeff Buckly’s songs.

10. Mary
    March 5th, 2008 at 3:55 pm · Link

Sorry I’m late, but our MOTHER is back today.

Danny N. is definately gone and I’m not sure who goes between Chickezee or Luke (I’m hoping it’s Luke).

There is so much talent this year. Everyone has a completely different style, but all are good. Some are real, real good. Maybe there will be a tie this year (just something to think about?).

My fav. was Dave C., what a new spin to an old classic – LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary

March 5th, 2008 at 6:56 pm · Link

snicker

12. Mommie
    March 5th, 2008 at 7:24 pm · Link

YES…MOTHER IS BACK !!!..AND TO ALL OF YOU LOVELY LADIES, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THIS YEARS “AMERICAN IDOL’S” ARE RINGERS??.

OH YES, AT LEAST 1/3, I BELIEVE OF THE FINAL 16.

HOWEVER, IN SAYING THAT, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TONIGHTS GAL’S PERFORMANCES. COLOR ME NUTS, BUT I LIKE THE BIKER CHICK (THE NURSE) AND THE LITTLE “TINY GAL ..CAN”T REMEMBER HER NAME, BUT SHE HAD LOST HER VOICE, AND WORE A COVER AROUND HER THROAT DURING THE INITIAL ELIMINATION PROCESS
    ON THE ROAD, AND CAME BACK WITH A KNOCK OUT PERFORMANCE – THAT SENT HER TO “HOLLYWOOD”.

THAT’S THE GIRL’S FOR ME, AND THE GUYS??, I’M OPEN, BUT MY GUESS IS THAT (NOT A RINGER) WILL BE THE 16 YEAR OLD…DAVID I THINK IS HIS NAME.. REMEMBER KARIN, THAT MY RECENT RETURN FROM FLORIDA 3/4/08 HAS SCORCHED MY BRAIN (FROM TOO MUCH SUN), I NEED A FEW DAYS TO PUT THE NAMES WITH THE PERFORMERS.

LOVE YAH,

MOMMIE

13. Randy
    March 5th, 2008 at 7:25 pm · Link

Had to drop by via Carol’s blog and add my two cents since I’m another rabid AI fan. But I’m bad–I can’t keep everyone straight yet. Don’t know the players by name, but I concentrated real hard to remember David Cook’s name because he blew me away last night. I couldn’t even place that it was a Lionel Ritchie song cuz it was so different (which I take as a good sign). As for Dread-locks Boy–there’s something about him that just touches my heart, y’know? In case anyone’s interested, kd Lang (sp?) recorded that song on a CD she did of all Canadian composers. Finally, the Michael Hutchens reference…I’m assuming that was an INXS song Aussie-Boy sang??? Am I wrong? Oh, and by the way, I’m feeling like he’s a little over-rated. My fave is Infant Boy (um, David Archulette?? Something like that?) Sigh. Okay, tonight I’m taking notes, for sure.

March 5th, 2008 at 8:03 pm · Link

Hi, Mom. 🙂

Randy, take lots of notes and come back and share. But not before the show is over Pacific time.

March 5th, 2008 at 9:13 pm · Link

I like the name Infant Boy. Doesn’t he seem like someone you’d trust with your 15-year-old daughter?

March 5th, 2008 at 9:33 pm · Link

Infant boy, good one Randy, that could stick.

The song was Don’t Forget About Me by Simple Minds, I believe you can find it on the Breakfast Club Soundtrack. All I can figure out about the Michael Hutchesen reference is that again they were wrong about who the artist covered had been. Not like I would ever make that mistake myself 😳

17. Mary
    March 6th, 2008 at 8:39 am · Link

Busted 🙁 – Love ya mom. Oh and Karin – I’ll get u my pretty and your little dog(gies) too (lol).