Catch Up Monday
April 14th, 2008

So as most of you know I was under yet another nail-biter of a deadline. I think, no, I know, I thrive under pressure. I love pulling all-nighters. I know, crazy but true. Since I turned Naughty Santa in last week, lot’s more is going on, mostly catch up, and planning for the future as in promoing and spending money I really don’t have right now on stuff readers will probably toss in their nearest trashcan. Such is life. Maybe one day my name will be synonymous with the word coop. One can dream.

So I have the teaser done for Master of Torment. It’s going in the back of Master of Surrender. I must say after my editor beat me up a few times, I’m really very happy with it. Of course that’s now. Give me a month to start rethinking it all. I’m doing that now with Master of Surrender. Totally resembling a pile of simpering “I’m an imposter” humanoid mush. It’s very sad actually. So sad I have almost twice now skulked off in the middle of the night to buy a pack a cigarettes and chain smoke until my lungs are ready to explode. How pathetic is that? I’ll get over it of course, but mayhap not before the release of MofSurrender.

Oh, speaking of teasers, there is a small excerpt of Master of Surrender and Jaded up on the website. The Master of Torment one will go up soon. Oh, and check out the Quickie link, my gf, LaDonna Paulette, has a recipe y’all might be interested in. 🙂

That’s it for now. I need to go write. I’m doing a BIAW. Muwhahahaha!

Ciao, chicas,

8 comments to “Catch Up Monday”

1. Holly D
    April 15th, 2008 at 12:03 pm · Link

Karin,
    Your books rock. You are extremely talented. Your readers know this, even if you forget.

I received a critique from Toni McGee Causey, another talented lady, of one of my WIPs. Now I have more work to do.

Looking forward to all of your upcoming books.

April 15th, 2008 at 1:04 pm · Link

Thank you, Holly. I actually feel a wee bit better today. And Toni is a dollface. She’ll do a great job for you.

3. Elisabeth Naughton
    April 15th, 2008 at 4:09 pm · Link

I just have to say…I love this: Totally resembling a pile of simpering “I’m an imposter” humanoid mush. Karin, you have such a way with words. 😉 And you know just how to put words to what we’re all feeling about our own writing. LOL Thanks so much for being REAL.

That said…you know you’re not an imposter. I think your track record so far proves that. (As do your upcoming releases, your sales, your agent, your editor(s)…get my drift?)

BIAW? Wow. Okay…need to know how that goes. But for now I’m off to read your little excerpts!

April 15th, 2008 at 5:45 pm · Link

Miz. Naughton, I appreciate your support. 😉
    and yes, the BIAW is coming along swimmingly. Not.

April 16th, 2008 at 8:17 am · Link

Karin, I’m reading MOS, and it’s great!!! Sizzles with energy. Stop saying these things about yourself. Your coop days are a’coming fast. 😀

April 16th, 2008 at 9:23 am · Link

Karin, that MOS cover rocks! And I can’t wait to get my hands on it too… 😈 And thanks for the chance to be in your Quickie section. Highlight of my year, I tell ya!

April 16th, 2008 at 12:23 pm · Link

Edie, now you’re making me nervous.

LaDonna, I love the cover too. and thanks for being my quickie this month. 😉

8. Amie Stuart
    April 16th, 2008 at 4:29 pm · Link

>>the BIAW is coming along swimmingly. Not.

I feel ya. I got a book in a month thing going *coughdeadlinecough*

Um yeah gotta run *sigh*