Brooke Bites the Dust
May 1st, 2008

C’est la vie. Sayonara, ciao, adios, au revoir. Bye, Bye Miss America Pie, drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry…

Okay, I’m not happy Brooke is gone, but facts are facts: she didn’t have it. I was actually Gasp! A bit irritated Jason wasn’t in the bottom two. But what I was really hoping for, was to see David A in the bottom two. One can dream.

So, next week it’s rock and roll classics. I predict David C will rock down the house.

Thoughts?

16 comments to “Brooke Bites the Dust”

1. Margaret
    May 1st, 2008 at 7:33 am · Link

I didn’t see the actual show, but Ryan’s two minute blurb was enough for me to get the picture. Jason and David A. should have been in the bottom 2–they just irritate me. Stoner Jason needs to amp up his singing, the soft, coffee shop thing has gotten tiresome. And David A. will probably win due to all the teenage girls going ga-ga over him, while I gag-gag-gag.
    I liked the overly-emotional Brooke, but she wasn’t an Idol winner.
    If David Cook wins, will it help or ruin his career?
    Boy, I’m crotchety this AM–I need more coffee to deal with tracking down those damn judges who haven’t bothered to send in their score sheets to our chapter’s contest!

2. Jaci Burton
    May 1st, 2008 at 7:57 am · Link

Yes it was Brooke’s time to go. Really surprised Jason wasn’t in the bottom though, but then again the gaspy little preteens are voting for him and David A, so not all that shocked.

Like Margaret, I’m pondering whether David C should win or not. I think he should get close, then get the boot so he can form a band and then get an awesome rock cd going. Could he still do that if he won AI? Dunno. He’s so not a pop singer.

Can’t wait for rock and roll classics next week!

3. Lynn Raye Harris
    May 1st, 2008 at 8:10 am · Link

Amen, I agree with the others. Jason and David A worry me for the simple fact of the teens and pre-teens. I was ready for Brooke to go because she was irritating me. I saw her referred to as Babbling Brooke somewhere, and I agree. I also read where someone said she shook like a Chihuahua in a handbag and it was starting to bother them. Yep, agree.

Archie sucked and yet he’ll never ever hit the bottom two. He’ll win this thing, probably. If we end up with a David A, Jason finale, I’m going to be so ticked off I may not watch Idol again.

I don’t know how Syesha could still be here and Michael Johns and Carly aren’t. Ridiculous. The only one left with any star power is David Cook, IMO.

And yeah, maybe he’d be better going the Daughtry route. I doubt AI would do him a favor in their choice of debut album material. Whatever happens to him, I’m buying his CDs!

4. Amie Stuart
    May 1st, 2008 at 9:25 am · Link

Donna Kauffman basiscally said what Jaci said and I think I agree–though I never really gave it a lot of thought. I’d love to see a Jason/Archie finalle and then Jason win hehehe just because Archie annoys me so badly.

PS I didn’t even bother watching last night. I might watch next week since it’s R&R but *sigh* someone better bring it. 😀

May 1st, 2008 at 10:17 am · Link

I felt bad for Brooke. I liked the way she shows emotion. Her breakdown was authentic, and she pulled it together to sing her farewell song. Her rendition of “I Am I Said” was poignant and powerful.

I was irritated Jason wasn’t in the bottom four, too. Margaret has it right, calling him Stoner Jason. :mrgreen:

6. Kathy Calarco
    May 1st, 2008 at 8:01 am · Link

I was aghast that Jason wasn’t in the bottom two. I can’t take credit for it; he didn’t get my “re-dial boogie” this week. Actually, I gave it to Syesha, so I’ll take the blame for her staying power this week, but it’ll be between her and Jason next week.

I have to admit, I wasn’t sorry to see Brooke go. She started getting on my nerves with all her nervous chattering and singing over the past weeks. Sometimes she reminded me of Snow White, or some other happy, chirpy Disney heroine.

Does anyone know what Ryan was talking about regarding all the gossip about Paula? She looked stunned (as if that’s a new phase) when he blathered about it.

May 1st, 2008 at 11:11 am · Link

I was sad to see Brooke go, but I disagree with the barbs aimed at Jason. He has a career ahead of him, is he an AI? No. Is he a stoner, how the heck would I know I don’t tend to judge people based on their appearance, or call people names because they bug me or aren’t my choice. Well okay that’s not entirely true, I do call Paula Bla Bla Bla Abdul, well bla bla bla. Is David A an AI, heck no, and oh mi gosh he’s annoying as hell. And I’ve already said Syesha has a Broadway career ahead of her.

Is David Cook and American Idol, heck yes.

Will winning hurt his career, heck no. It wouldn’t have hurt Daughtry’s career if he had won. If you have it you have it, if you don’t you won’t make it and winning or losing won’t help you. Bo Bice hasn’t made it because he has no idea what songs to choose. Ruben hasn’t made it because he doesn’t have the talent. Taylor who? Fantasia who?

Still sad to see Brooke go, but we’ll see her again.

May 1st, 2008 at 11:59 am · Link

running out for the day, I’ll be back later to comment,

May 1st, 2008 at 10:32 am · Link

Wow, when it gets down the final few it’s anyone’s guess. I’m in the camp that thinks Michael should still be in the game. It’ll be a guy this year IMO, and probably David C. And that would make me happy! 🙂

10. Margaret
    May 1st, 2008 at 5:59 pm · Link

Tell you what, Cele, I’ll take back the stoner comment about Jason the first time I hear him utter a sentence that actually makes sense. It has nothing to do with his dreds or looks (he has gorgeous blue eyes, BTW).
    And I was very disappointed in his performance, ’cause I would have thought he would definately channel Neil Diamond. Oh, well, maybe he’ll do Neil Young’s COCAINE next week.

11. Margaret
    May 1st, 2008 at 6:17 pm · Link

Hey, my evil BWAHAHAHA didn’t come through. 🙁

12. Hubby
    May 1st, 2008 at 8:45 pm · Link

Margaret, you must be thinking of Eric Clapton’s “Cocaine” written by J.J. Cale. Neil Young wrote “Cocaine Eyes”. Then again maybe that is the one you are thinking of.

Imagine where the careers of Bob Dylan and Tom Petty would be with intelligible language…

13. Margaret
    May 2nd, 2008 at 7:45 am · Link

Yeah, Karin’s hubby, I was in bed before I realized I meant Clapton’s song. Oh, well . . .

14. Kathy Calarco
    May 2nd, 2008 at 7:17 am · Link

Great point, hubby! I’m not a fan of Dylan’s voice, as in its sound, but in my humble opinion, he deserves Poet Laureate. (Whoa! There’s my geek side again.)

May 2nd, 2008 at 10:33 am · Link

Ack, sorry, long day and then the attack of the allergies last night.

Margaret, I don’t think Jason is a stoner for two reasons: one, if he is, he isn’t now, coz those AI peeps would be all over him, and secondly, I think he’s just a natural goof. A male ditz. Yanno? a male version of Paula. It happens.

16. Amie