Happy Week Before National!
July 20th, 2008

I’m really jazzed. Let’s see by a show of hands who’s going? Are you getting excited? How many of you are going for the first time? Are you nervous? Why? Have any questions? Ask here, and if I can’t answer them someone will be able to.

So on the writing front, I thought I’d wait until after National to begin the next Master book, but alas, a scene took hold of me and I started today, and it feels great!

I am having some difficulty though in locating some info I could really use, so I’m going to throw it out there, and if any of you know the answer please tell me! So, I need to find out one, if Eadric Streona (d 1017) had any children, and two did Edric the Wild, Earl of Mercia and his wife Godda have any children (I know they did have a son but I think he was too young for use in my story). But I think what I need to know more is, when was Edric the Wild of Mercia born, (and was he Eadric Streona’s grandson?). I really need a rough age on Edric circa 1067.

Thanks in advance for any help!

7 comments to “Happy Week Before National!”

July 21st, 2008 at 8:29 am · Link

Huh? LOL Karin, where exactly is this located? I have a friend who can get into old records in Scotland. Maybe she’d know how to find out your information.

July 21st, 2008 at 8:29 am · Link

And congrats on getting that scene! Yay!

July 21st, 2008 at 5:06 pm · Link

It’s not a where but a who, in 11th century England. 🙂

July 21st, 2008 at 5:23 pm · Link

I’m so excited about National since I don’t have to fly this year. Yay!!!!! I’m doing much better with the nerves and actually looking forward to my agent/editor appointments.

5. Lee
    July 22nd, 2008 at 10:15 am · Link

I can’t find anything on his birth, yet. But I’m still searching. Considering he was Welsh, and during the period, the area was largely wild, there maybe no written record of his birth. He’s best known for resisting the onslaught of the Normans in Wales. My guess, and this is only a guess, considering the era, he was probably in his mid thirties. It gives him the strength and health to fight. He started his campaign against the William in 1067, that would put his birth around the late 1020’s, early 1030’s. When the Welsh attacked the Norman’s it is accounted, that they came armed with (for the times)ancient weapons. I’m searching for a description of him, which would give me a good idea of age. I also search for a discription of the battle which might give me idea also…Sorry I can’t be more help, but with early Welsh history, it can be a simple guessing game, since abbey’s were few and far between, the populace was very tribal and wild.

6. Mary
    July 22nd, 2008 at 12:42 pm · Link

Geez you must be real busy. mmmmmm let’s see did u forget something? I’ll give u a hint July 19th.

July 22nd, 2008 at 4:59 pm · Link

Amanda, you’re going to do great!

Lee, thanks for the info, alas, I have it. Sigh, I see an author’s note in my future.

Mary, didn’t forget, Sat was crazy. Check your voicemail.