Houston We Have a Problem!
October 10th, 2008

Ack!  My laptop crashed!!!  Thank God my wip is on a flash drive!  But did I back other stuff up?  Nope.  Everything including all of my passwords are on the harddrive.  I have no idea if it’s salvagable or not.  Stand by. In the meantime don’t mind me while I go shoot myself for not backing up!

Ciao for now, and say a prayer to the computer gods my info can be saved!

8 comments to “Houston We Have a Problem!”

1. Margaret
    October 10th, 2008 at 6:58 am · Link

ACK!! May the ‘puter gods be watching over you!
    I try to back everything up on two separate flashes. One of them goes with hubby to work if we are out of town for awhile, and the other one is on my keychain. I don’t carry a purse anymore, but I do carry my keys everywhere.

October 10th, 2008 at 11:11 am · Link

Margaret stole my first thought, ACK!!! (great minds and all that) ACK!!!!

I’m with Margaret, I back up my stuff to two locations, but that is where we differ, I wonder if I can get my husband to take a drive with him? Drats it probaby get axel grease and rubber chunks in it.

3. HollyD
    October 10th, 2008 at 1:31 pm · Link

OMG! I had that happen last month. I lost all my work. I did have a printed copy of two wips and typed them back into the computer. My hubby showed me how to plug the little zip drive in and save to it. So I’ve started doing that.

Maybe a tech at a computer repair place can help you retrieve some of what you lost. Good luck!

October 10th, 2008 at 1:37 pm · Link

I am so ready to cry right now! My computer guy is coming over later today, but using hubby’s computer SUCKS! Half the time my info won’t come up.

October 10th, 2008 at 11:43 am · Link

I have a gmail account and I mail my stuff to it from time to time. I backup on my laptop, desktop, and a flash drive.

October 10th, 2008 at 2:53 pm · Link

Karin, big hugs. I hate it when that happens. I hope the comupter guy saves your stuff. Did I send you an invite to My Dropbox? It automatically saves what I write to My Dropbox account on the internet and to my Word account.

If I didn’t send one, I will when your computer is working again.

7. virna
    October 10th, 2008 at 8:18 pm · Link

I hope it’s resolved it self for the better or that it will soon. I’m sooo sorry!

8. Marcia
    October 10th, 2008 at 10:10 pm · Link

I’m with Amanda. Nothing backs up better than a gmail account that can hold gobs of stuff. At the end of the day, I make a point to zip everything down and mail it to myself. That’s on top of backing everything up in my laptop every week.

Good luck with the restore. Whatever you do, don’t reimage.