It’s Official!!!
October 19th, 2008

My daughter is married and I have a great son-in-law!!!  Right now my brother is making Bloody Mary’s, my next to be son-in-law is cooking a killer breakfast and I’m just kicking back.  Everyone is relaxed and laughing.  Sigh.  My house has been bursting at the seams this past week and I love the chaos of it all.  After the wedding last night, a bunch of the kids came back here, then good friends came by and family.  My living room is full of gifts, flowers and wedding stuff.  The cats are enjoying the hell out of their new wonderland.

A llittle later today the kids are going to open gifts, and I might cook dinner tonight, if I feel like it.

Everything looked beautiful.  Everything. I cried at the church, I cried in the bathroom, and I cried when hubby made the toast to the bride and groom at the reception. I cried when daddy and his little girl danced to I Loved Her First.  I’m getting choked up now thinking about it all so I’m a gonna go, besides the bro’ just announced my Bloody Mary is ready for consumption!.

I’ll get some pictures up as soon as I can. And I am soooooooooooooooo glad it’s over!

Ciao for now, K*

15 comments to “It’s Official!!!”

October 19th, 2008 at 1:26 pm · Link

Karin, I’m smiling reading this, feeling your happiness. The work is over, and now it’s time to float and feel good. 🙂

2. Jane
    October 19th, 2008 at 3:57 pm · Link

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

3. HollyD
    October 19th, 2008 at 4:16 pm · Link

I think we all knew everything would be wonderful. And you already have another soon-to-be son-in-law. Wow. I hope that wedding isn’t soon. Enjoy the rest of the time you have w/ visiting relatives.

4. J. Carson Black
    October 19th, 2008 at 4:35 pm · Link

WONDERFUL! I am so glad it went off without a hitch – and now they’re hitched! Enjoy. You deserve it.

October 19th, 2008 at 7:55 pm · Link

Oh, I so wanted the father’s dance to be I Loved Her First, I’m so glad your daughter chose it, mine went with My Girl. I cried when they danced. And what is it about I Do’s that rip my heart out?

6. Jaci Burton
    October 19th, 2008 at 8:45 pm · Link

Congratulations! So glad everyone went smoothly.

Now you can relax?

7. Margaret
    October 20th, 2008 at 6:41 am · Link

How Wonderful! I’m so glad everything went well . . . now, get some well-earned rest!

October 20th, 2008 at 7:17 am · Link

Yay! I’m so glad everything went the way you wanted it to. Now’s the time to relax. You’ve earned it. =o)

9. Fedora
    October 20th, 2008 at 9:58 am · Link

YAY!!! So glad for you and your family, Karin! How completely fabulous! Now go enjoy that bloody Mary and a long nap! Maybe you could also book a spa day for yourself and DH 🙂

10. Lee
    October 20th, 2008 at 12:00 pm · Link

Everything fell right into place. Weddings are like that, it is an amazing experience, and one more step as your roll as parent…Glad things went so well for you and family…Now what are you going to think about? Besides the next book.

11. Lee
    October 20th, 2008 at 12:01 pm · Link

October 20th, 2008 at 1:41 pm · Link

Karin, it sounds like a perfect day. Hope the next one is a ways off. LOL Enjoy and relax.

13. Laurie
    October 20th, 2008 at 6:11 pm · Link

I’m glad everything went off smoothly – I hope you’ll be sharing photos soon!

October 21st, 2008 at 5:20 pm · Link

YAY, Karin! So happy it went smooth. Those memories will last a lifetime. Bet the house is quiet now. 🙂

15. kh