Still Recovering
October 24th, 2008

My house is quiet.  The kids are off on their honeymoon and having the time of their life, the guests are gone, and hubby and I have jumped back into our lives, and though we are busy and all is right with our world, we, along with my in-laws have been moping around.

I guess because we have been so busy planning the wedding and all that goes with it for so long now that it’s over we feel like the wind has been taken from our sails.  And it isn’t like I don’t have enough to do!  I’m working on a proposal plus finishing up MASTER OF CRAVING. I have a release next week, HAVE YOURSELF A NAUGTY LITTLE SANTA, which is getting really nice reviews.  Then MASTER OF TORMENT releases next month followed by the First Line Contest then the holidays, but despite all of that, I just can’t shake this stillness in me.  Maybe it’s hormones, maybe it isn’t, maybe it’s just the recuperation period after such a crazy time in my life.  Whatever it is, I wish something would give soon. I don’t like feeling so out of it.

So, bear with me until I get out of this funk.  I’ll be back, I never go away for long.  🙂

Here’s a picture of the wedding party.  Don’t they look fabulous?

15 comments to “Still Recovering”

1. Margaret
    October 24th, 2008 at 6:33 am · Link

Wow, what a beautiful pic! Now, where’s that promised pic of MOB and DOB????
    You’re feeling the natural down from such a frentic high. It’s perfectly normal–and you know it. 🙂 Just chill out, read a book, do some research, drink some tea and enjoy your wonderful quiet.

2. Marcia
    October 24th, 2008 at 7:31 am · Link

OMG! Does the groom have any unhitched brothers who’d like to move to NC?

October 24th, 2008 at 9:33 am · Link

What a beautiful picture. Of course, how could you not get a beautiful picture with such a wonderful looking wedding party and such a lovely bride.

:hugs: You’re just spent after so many months of cranking & spanking. Give yourself some time to acclimate back to normal speed.

4. HollyD
    October 24th, 2008 at 10:40 am · Link

She looks absolutely lovely. I’m w/ Margaret, where are the pics of you and Gary?

Give yourselves time to recover. You’ll bounce back and will going non-stop soon enough. Try to enjoy the quiet with some good food, good books, good wine, and great sex. Not necessarily in that order.

October 24th, 2008 at 12:07 pm · Link

Karin, I’m thinking you’re an adrenaline junkie. 😉 Fabulous pics, but like the others I’m waiting for the picture of YOU!

6. Karin Tabke
    October 24th, 2008 at 1:14 pm · Link

Right now there are no decent pics of me or the hubster. too blurry! But we still have pics coming in…I’llpost when we get something decent. You woulda thunk with everyone snapping away we’d have a decent shot or two!

7. Fedora
    October 24th, 2008 at 2:47 pm · Link

What a lovely photo! How wonderful to have great pictures to go with all the fabulous memories of the event! As for feeling a little blah, I think that’s to be expected–it’s like the day after Christmas or any other really anticipated thing. Like Holly said, take it easy and find things you enjoy but haven’t had time for lately 🙂

October 24th, 2008 at 12:49 pm · Link

Karin, what a gorgeous group. The daughter and new son-in-law look so happy.

9. Lee
    October 24th, 2008 at 5:23 pm · Link

It does take a little time to wonder what you’ll think about now, since so much energy goes into weddings…Its the let down..Now the new normal will arrive and take over soon. Beautiful couple.

10. Karin Tabke
    October 24th, 2008 at 6:27 pm · Link

Well, I have my lap top back sans the info from my damaged hard drive, but I have perked up considerably! 🙂

11. Laurie
    October 24th, 2008 at 8:44 pm · Link

I hope the pieces start to fall back into place for you soon. What an absolutely beautiful photo of the wedding party! I love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing!

Big hugs to you, sweetie.

October 25th, 2008 at 12:45 am · Link

Absolutely gorgous pictures.

13. J. Carson Black
    October 25th, 2008 at 6:43 am · Link

Karin, what a beautiful photo! I am thrilled for you that the day turned out so wonderfully! I can see why you need to be “debriefed”. This was a big, big deal, and after the greatest experiences, it’s natural to have a let-down.

14. Jane
    October 25th, 2008 at 2:03 pm · Link

They all look so pretty and handsome.

15. Mai Christy Thao
    November 2nd, 2008 at 9:55 am · Link

Beautiful! I love how you stayed with the traditional white and didn’t do an outrageous color for the bridesmaids. You did good, Karin!