Practical Magic
March 1st, 2009

It only took me ten years to see it from beginning to end! I love Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman! I spent a rainy Sunday afternoon all by myself today and watched it.  I loved it! Loved the characters. It was so atmospheric, fun, warm, and romantic.   I would kill for a house like that! All of those flowers, and the warmth of the wood and the glass and the greenhouse and the spiral stairway. On the water.  I love the water and one day will have a house with a lovely water view. Preferably, the ocean but Lake Tahoe will work too.  Or along a slough in the Carolinas, or the intercostal waterway.  I just know I want water, water, water!

How about you?  Watch any good movies you wished you had watched years ago?  Are you a water girl, mountain girl or city girl?

Karin*

16 comments to “Practical Magic”

March 1st, 2009 at 3:19 pm · Link

I just popped this in to my DVD player a few weeks ago. I love this movie the characters are amazing, the casting amazing, the margarita madness amazing… let’s all go dance naked in the moonlight… we should probably wait for warmer, drier weather.

I’m a water girl. Except for two years in Germany I’ve always lived within fifteen miles of the ocean. The last twenty six within a mile. Ahh love the water.

2. Raine
    March 1st, 2009 at 3:45 pm · Link

We should form a club, lol. I just saw this movie for the first time last year, and LOVED it.

As for the rest–I’m a mountain girl, I think.

3. Brandy W
    March 1st, 2009 at 4:49 pm · Link

This was on one of the pay channels earlier today. No movies I wished I had watched years ago. As for what type of girl I am…I’m not really sure yet.

March 1st, 2009 at 5:59 pm · Link

We saw this at the show, and I’ve seen it on TV a couple times since. It’s a great movie! That would’ve been a wonderful book, if one of us would have thought of it first.

I’d love to live near the water. Something about looking out the window and seeing the water is so calming to the soul.

5. aj chase
    March 1st, 2009 at 7:46 pm · Link

I love that movie. It’s one of my favorite movies ever and honestly the only movie I can think of where I can truly say the movie is better than the book.

6. virna
    March 1st, 2009 at 7:52 pm · Link

I’ve never seen the movie, but I’ll definitely have to give it a try. Definitely the water for me!

7. Michelle Diener
    March 2nd, 2009 at 5:10 am · Link

Edie, it WAS a book first. By Alice Hoffman. 🙂 I read the book first, then saw the movie, and I thought the movie was well done. Not exactly the same, but really close.

I have always lived close to water except while I did my MA. But I’m definitely a water and mountain girl.

8. Sandie
    March 2nd, 2009 at 5:11 am · Link

Karin, this is one of my all time favorite movies. I love both Nicole & Sandra, they are just fantastic. That house is just wonderful, but I have to admit I love my country view of horses grazing in the paddocks.

Sandie

9. rita
    March 2nd, 2009 at 5:33 am · Link

Water girl absolutely. Grew up on a barrier island in Florida. Atlantic on one side, intercoastal on the other. Moved away and traveled. The first time I lived land locked it was very strange. Had to get a river or lake fix at least one a month. Now I’m back. the intercoastal one block west and the ocean three blocks east. Would love to have the water view but I’m too lazy. When you live on the water the maintenance on a house is wicked. It takes a couple of minutes to get to the beach in the morning and watch the sunrise and a minute of two to get to the dock on the intercoastal to watch the sunset. Adult beverage included.

March 2nd, 2009 at 10:11 am · Link

I love the movie Practical Magic. It’s one that I can pop in and watch whenever the mood strikes without getting frustrated and wanting to fast forward through parts.

I’m definitely a mountain girl. I love the view of the Rockies I have now, especially on the drive to and from work, and can’t imagine living anywhere where I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it.

11. Laurie
    March 2nd, 2009 at 10:51 am · Link

I’ve never seen Practical Magic, but I’m not really much of a movie fan.

I love the ocean along the SC coast, but don’t think I could bear the summer heat to live there year-round. We’re in the middle of Ohio and enjoy visiting Lake Erie.

12. Carol Luce
    March 2nd, 2009 at 10:55 am · Link

I read the book and saw the movie years ago, so it’s not fresh in my mind, but I know I enjoyed both.

I’m a mountain girl, but love the dry humidity of the high desert. I live forty minutes away from Tahoe, and enjoy visiting friends on the lake.

March 2nd, 2009 at 12:41 pm · Link

Hey Karin, I’m a water gal! Big surprise there. 😆 I own the Practical Magic DVD, and you’ve made me want to watch it again. Love that movie!

And I dream of living by the water one day…

14. Karin Tabke
    March 2nd, 2009 at 12:58 pm · Link

It looks like I’m in great company! We all love the movie. I found out last night as I was rambling on about it, that my MIL has the DVD. I’ll be borrowing it soon.

I’ll post the fabulous fifteen who made it to round twelve in a couple of hours. y’all didn’t think I was gonna do it early did you????

15. HollyD
    March 2nd, 2009 at 4:44 pm · Link

I haven’t seen it. Now I’ll have to go rent it. When hubby & I lived in Florida for 5 years we lived half a mile from the beach. Growing up I was surrounded by farmland and even had horses. Now I can see a strip mall from my house with one of my favorite pizza places.

16. Laurie K
    March 2nd, 2009 at 5:01 pm · Link

I haven’t seen that movie in years – but it’s a good one.
    Even though I live in FL and am 10 minutes away from the water – I love the mountains. Now that being said if I could live in the mountains on a lake I’d be in heaven 🙂