Another Beginning
March 30th, 2009

That’s how I look at Mondays.  The first day of the new week to take care of the crap I ignored last week.  And I ignored a lot.  I worked hard on my proposal, which I sent to my agent Saturday night.  I have promo material I have got to get done for CRAVING, which means a long boring visit with my printer.  But that will get done today.  I’m doing the requisite bookmarks.  I just can’t help myself. My guy does bee-u-tee-ful work.  I’m also going to do a chapter booklet.  I did one for SKIN and I really liked it, so I’m doing one for CRAVING.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Besides, I have so much money to burn I figured what the hell!  (hah, not!)

I’m also going to tighten up the series blurb that will go with the proposal I sent my agent.  I’m hoping she emails me, no, calls me squeeing.  One can fantasize.  I just finished a book written by an ex CIA assassin, not an assassin for the CIA, but an agent who took it upon himself to clean up what the CIA refused to clean up.  It was very enlightening considering that is the entire premise of the proposal I just finished.  It was good to know I was on the mark factoid-wise.

Other than that, life is marching along.  Pregnant daughter is still preggers and nauseous.  Funny how she uses it as an excuse to do absolutely nothing around here!  I’m giving her until week twelve, then I’ll be riding her butt to get back into the groove.  My oldest daughter seems to be really enjoying her computer classes, and she has helped me with a few things.  I see an assistant in my future.  J  Son number one is loving life and son number two is fighting it every step of the way.  Poor kid, one day soon, I hope he realizes it’s much easier to go along with the program then fight it, coz in the end, he knows what’s best for him but he’s so damn contrary.  Any of you with a kid like that?  It’s a good thing the boy is a love bug with a heart of gold or he’s be windshield splatter.  What is it with the last one?

Alrighty then, I am off to get out of my jimmies, and get the Karin show on the road!  Have a great Monday everyone!

Karin*

11 comments to “Another Beginning”

1. Jaci Burton
    March 30th, 2009 at 11:36 am · Link

Dude. Assassins must be in the air. I just subbed a proposal..well subbed it twice since I had to do some corrections for our agent since we share the same agent.

We should talk. 😉

And the book you read sounds cool!

My daughter in law got some liquid stuff from the pharmacist for her nausea that she said worked great. Nothing else worked for her. They’re having their first appt with the ob today. I’m waiting oh so impatiently for them to show up with ultrasound pics! Since she’s at 11 weeks there should be more than a blob there. Okay, so maybe it’ll still look like a blob. I’m excited anyway. Heh.

March 30th, 2009 at 12:10 pm · Link

Cool idea about your new proposal. I like it.

I only have one son. He usually goes along with the program, but when he’s certain he’s right, then he takes a stand. I think sometimes it’s good to take a stand for what you know is right. (I’m getting a book idea as I type. lol)

March 30th, 2009 at 1:06 pm · Link

Et tu, Jaci?!? Here’s to us both kicking assassin ass on the bookshelves!

Edie, he ‘s always wrong! that is the problem!! he knows freakin’ everything. not.

4. Amanda Murphy
    March 30th, 2009 at 1:07 pm · Link

Glad all sounds like the usual for the Tabke household. Only Son here is getting nervous about taking summer classes at LMC. Only Daughter is looking for second or better paying job, good luck with that! But, gotta love her for trying.

5. virna
    March 31st, 2009 at 7:04 am · Link

Oooo, a chapter book! Cool…. I have three sons so definitely have the variety of one of them fighting life every other day. Snuggling makes up for a lot, though!

6. Karin Tabke
    March 31st, 2009 at 12:09 pm · Link

yep, amanda it’s business as usual here. sounds like it’s status quo at your place too.

Virna, hold on to your hat, boys are a royal PIA!

7. Buffie
    March 31st, 2009 at 12:23 pm · Link

Sounds like you are very busy, as usual! Congrats on the baby!! I’m sure everyone is very excited.

8. Charlotte Featherstone
    March 31st, 2009 at 1:02 pm · Link

Assassins sound cool, but the research must be daunting! I wouldn’t know where to begin, this from the person who is currently researching Druid Dark Sex Magic, and my oh my is that enlighting!

9. Karin Tabke
    March 31st, 2009 at 1:48 pm · Link

Thx, Buffie, and check your in box!

Charlotte, Dark Druid Sex Magic sounds delightfully naughty! btw, I started ADDICTED a couple of weeks ago but reluctantly had to set it aside to get some writing done. I plan to curl up with it this weekend!

10. Karin Tabke
    March 31st, 2009 at 1:53 pm · Link

I’m going to grudgingly admit I watched DWTS last night, AFTER I told the family I wasn’t going to watch it any more. Hubby was not a happy camper. But, I must say, I was entertained by several of the performances. I think it’s going to be one of the Steve’s to get the boot tonight, or that horrible Holly. yes, it’s going to be Holly. Poor us, we won’t be able to watch that hotty Dmytry anymore. sigh, first Maks now the other simmering guy. But I admit, I couldn’t stomach that Denise Richards, and Holly is just a whiner.

11. Ames