Why We Love Our Furry Family
April 9th, 2009

What A Dog! This is a MUST read !!!!!!!!!
Thought everyone should know about this dog and his story. Especially like the ending ……. A PetsTen Commandments……….. Be sure to read them too.

My kind of dog!

The K9 above is Brutus,
a military K9 at McChord.
He’s huge – part Boxer and part British Bull Mastiff and tops the scales at 200 lbs. His handler took the picture. Brutus is running toward me because he knows I have some Milk Bone treats, so he’s slobbering away! I had to duck around a tree just before he got to me in case he couldn’t stop, but he did. Brutus won the Congressional Medal of Honor last year from his tour in Iraq . His handler and four other soldiers were taken hostage by insurgents. Brutus and his handler communicate by sign language and he gave Brutus the signal that meant ‘go away but come back and find me’. The Iraqis paid no attention to Brutus. He came back later and quietly tore the throat out of one guard at one door and another guard at another door.. He then jumped against one of the doors repeatedly (the guys were being held in an old warehouse) until it opened. ! He went in and untied his handler and they all escaped. He’s the first K9 to receive this honor. If he knows you’re ok, he’s a big old lug and wants to sit in your lap. Enjoys the company of cats.
K-9 Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
Thought you’d find this interesting.
Talk about animal intelligence and bonding with humans!
Remember that they can’t do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!

A PET’S TEN COMMANDMENTS………
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you..
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone.. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets.
Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God’s critters.
Please pass this on to other pet owners.
We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

Have a Great Day…

8 comments to “Why We Love Our Furry Family”

April 9th, 2009 at 11:22 am · Link

ok, so i was just infromed that Brutus isn’t really a military K9. Whatev. It’s still a great story and the ten commandments rock!

April 9th, 2009 at 12:02 pm · Link

I don’t know if the story is true or not, but I have tears in my eyes. It’s the good kind of tears.

3. J. Carson Black
    April 9th, 2009 at 1:25 pm · Link

Wow, Brutus, you are a true Mensch! What a wonderful story.

Which leads me to an email my husband just sent me.

Don’t know if any of you live in Arizona, or close by (California’s close enough) but there’s a family losing their home who have the two most adorable labs, Coco (black) and Cookie (gold), both three years old and sweet as can be, that need to find a home together. The people love them so much but they can’t keep them in their apartment. If you love labs or you know someone who does, please email me at jcblack@cox.net. (Or click on my link.) I can forward to you their pictures. I know the right home is out there for them!

This is pretty darn time sensitive.

4. Cristina Machado
    April 9th, 2009 at 2:25 pm · Link

WOW!!Brutus, you are a show dog. I have passion for dogs, especially my two loves, Aquiles and Victoria Regia. They send a strong and sweet canine embrace to this marvelous K9.

5. HollyD
    April 10th, 2009 at 5:57 am · Link

Wow, what a fabulous dog. My mom’s favorite German Shepard was named Brutus. I especially love a dog that likes cats.

6. ArkansasCyndi
    April 10th, 2009 at 7:51 am · Link

Lord I love all the slobber flying from his mouth! I have two “dogs”…see the quote marks? That’s because they don’t have a clue they are anything but human. Plus, they are in charge of our house. We had to buy a bigger motorhome because the dogs just weren’t comfortable in the old one…too small! LOL I tell everyone we moved to the lake because Maggie (border collie) loves to swim, so we bought her a lake house.

Great story. Is it true?

7. Laurie K
    April 10th, 2009 at 9:42 am · Link

OMG that brought tears to my eyes – a great story and Brutus looks a lot like a dog I lost not too long ago.
    Thanks for sharing – us pet lovers know how special these furry beings are 😉

8. Charlotte Featherstone
    April 10th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Oh, hell this made me cry! We have a four year old golden retriever whom my husband has affectionaly nicknamed ‘your boyfriend’. He is my constant shadow. We’re getting an English Springer Spaniel next month,and this commandents will come in handy when training her! Thanks, Karin!