I Crashed and Burned Last Night
April 15th, 2009

I fell asleep during Idol, woke up to see Steve-O get the boot on DWTS, then watched Rescue Me, which cracked me the hell up!  I LOVE DENNIS LEARY!  The assemble cast is perfect!  I caught a glimpse of Deadliest Catch.  I need to watch it in its entirety today. I also need to write.  But I don’t wanna.  But I will.  Maybe…

So, deets, ladies.  Who hit it out of the park on Idol last night?

Karin*

12 comments to “I Crashed and Burned Last Night”

1. Mary
    April 15th, 2009 at 10:41 am · Link

Well my friend you have to go to youtube and watch Adam performing “Born to be Wild”!!! No other contestant even came close to his stage show and presence. It was we were taken to the Adam Lambert concert and then brought back to watch the amatures and no I’m not being bias LOL even tho I had him pegged from the git go.

April 15th, 2009 at 11:00 am · Link

I didn’t watch it, but I was at the dentist this morning, and the technician agreed with Mary that Adam will win. But she called his singing “80s,” so I don’t know how impressed she was. She also liked Allison, Danny and Anoop. She thought Lil will be sent home.

3. J. Carson Black
    April 15th, 2009 at 12:10 pm · Link

I don’t watch AI anymore. But if you put Ellen Boyle on a continuous loop, I could watch her all day. 🙂

4. J. Carson Black
    April 15th, 2009 at 12:12 pm · Link

Oops – Susan Boyle. (See? Just watched it again!)

April 15th, 2009 at 12:27 pm · Link

My run down…Music from the Movies

Allsion – sang – Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – I liked how she finessed the song, but I didn’t care for the chorus.

Anoop – Everything I Do, I Do For You – extremely forgetful

Adam Lambert – Born To Be Wild – The man is talent personafied – but he’s in a nitch genre. I thought there was an awful sceeching but the rest he nailed solid.

Matt Giaurd – Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman – pitchy, very pitchy. He fought the song and the melody through the whole thing.

Danny Gokey – Endless Love – pitchy, but I loved the ending.

Kris Allen – ????? – I didn’t know the song it was simple, soulful, and haunting.

Lil Rounds – The Rose – too much vibrato in th opening, too pitchy. To borrow a word from Simon – Abysmal.

My bottom three Matt, Lil, and Anoop – going home – Anoop (but it’s a toss up between Anoop and Lil)

Is that the woman from Britian has Talent? Wow, what a voice.

April 15th, 2009 at 1:07 pm · Link

Adam and Allison owned the show. I could see them being the top two.

7. virna
    April 15th, 2009 at 1:16 pm · Link

I’m in the minority because I really liked Anoop. Allison wasn’t that good to me, and Adam was just okay. I think Lil or Matt are going to be kicked off, and that judges would save only Matt. Write, write, write!

8. HollyD
    April 15th, 2009 at 2:08 pm · Link

I missed Idol. I did watch Phil have to stay behind and while his two sons left for a season of crab fishing. It was soo sad. I just hope everyone makes it home safe this season. Last season a boat that didn’t have cameras on it went down. They only recovered one person.

Get some rest. You need and deserve it.

9. Poppy
    April 15th, 2009 at 5:26 pm · Link

Close your eyes and listen to Adam. That’s not a voice you want to here on your radio. Anoop was fabulous, and I hope Allison wins.

10. Mary
    April 16th, 2009 at 9:30 am · Link

Call me old school but I love that kind of voice (hairbands rule) I would listen to him anywhere

11. Karin Tabke
    April 16th, 2009 at 1:58 pm · Link

I think Matt was a wasted save! He’ll go next week.

April 17th, 2009 at 7:17 am · Link

Hey Karin, I’m a huge Adam fan! 😎 I think the last three will be Adam, Allison, and Danny or Chris. It could go either way on the last two. Ran made the comment that he thought the judges basically wanted to get rid of their save now. At this point, the cream will rise to the top, and it’s anyone’s guess how the bottom few will go. I think Lil Round and Matt are the next outta the park, though.