Bella, Bella, Bella!
April 28th, 2009

Let’s give a rousing applause for my good friend and guest blogger today, the uber talented, Bella Andre!

Swooning in the grocery store

A funny thing has been happening to me lately at the grocery story. I’ll see a fireman or policeman and immediately start blushing (while thinking naughty thoughts, of course!). I never used to behave like this, but ever since I started writing about elite firefighters, I immediately find myself visualizing all of the amazing, death-defying things these men do as part of a normal day’s work. How seriously hot is that? And how utterly inappropriate is it for me to be drooling over these guys when my husband and two kids are standing barely five feet away next to our shopping cart.

It only gets worse when my son asks, “Is that a fireman?” and the 6’5″, extremely well built man in uniform turns around and says, “Would you like a sticker?” Of course I would 😉 but he isn’t talking to me. He’s completely focused on my cute kids, which only makes him sexier.

Alas, you’ve probably guessed by now how much I’m enjoying writing about hunky firefighters. They’re alpha to the max – and I love me some alpha heroes.

Now that I’ve spilled my guts, it’s your turn now. Have you run into any gorgeous men in uniform recently? I hope so!

In WILD HEAT, the first book in Bella Andre’s HOTSHOTS: Men of Fire series, Logan Cain is a firefighter addicted to risk. Maya Jackson is the sultry beauty he never saw coming, targeting him as her number-one suspect in a string of deadly wildfires. But when Maya’s life is threatened, Logan vows to protect the woman sworn to bring him down. And as desire ignites, nothing-not the killer fire or the killer hot on their trail-can douse the flames….Allison Brennan called it “a breathtaking, terrific, hot, hot, hot romantic suspense.” Brenda Novak said, “WILD HEAT has one sexy firefighter – and a love that burns up the pages.” And according to Catherine Coulter the book is “a roller coaster ride. Don’t miss it.” www.BellaAndre.com

18 comments to “Bella, Bella, Bella!”

1. HollyD
    April 28th, 2009 at 8:44 am · Link

Bella – Welcome! Your books are super hot. I’ve already ordered this one through Amazon.

About a year ago I was at the grocery w/ my youngest one. She was about to turn 2. We were in the scan yourself lanes when 4 firefighters walked up to the one next to us. Each one smiled and talked to her, while she became shy as could be. Well, I guess it is overwhelming to have 4 hunky fireman giving you their undivided attention. I tried to keep my own drooling to a minimum.

Thanks for the great reads.

2. Julie Robinson
    April 28th, 2009 at 9:03 am · Link

Bella (and Karin),

I will only ‘fess up here, so this goes NOwhere! Yes, there is this really cute cop that lives on the other street in my subdivision, and yes, he’s now living with someone and I’m taken with an almost 18-year old. He walks his dogs; I walk mine (at different times); and we’ve been in the same neighborhood for about 10 years.

BUT as I write (and read) about my favorite heroes, I do have these terribly warming blushing thoughts lately!! So don’t feel bad—you’re not alone! I think it has something to do with the piercing way they look at you—as if they’re analyzing and summing you up making you feel vulnerable and exposed. Even uncomfortable.

I don’t have the same feelings/thoughts, though for the cop hubby of a member of our writing group. I think my mind automatically says: Hands off. Do not fantasize!! Besides they look cute together.

All right, it’s out in the open now. I realize I must be unconsciously idealizing this neighbor by romanticizing him as the hero of a story. And there’s a story right there!

Julie

Julie

3. Munk
    April 28th, 2009 at 9:06 am · Link

I was sold with the word firefighter. Love me some firefighting heros! I’ll check these books out for sure. The cover is beautiful!

4. Julie Robinson
    April 28th, 2009 at 9:08 am · Link

Wow! Bella, Your book looks sizzling hot!!
    Congrats on the release day today. I am going to the bookstore tomorrow.

Julie

5. virna
    April 28th, 2009 at 9:25 am · Link

Hi Bella,

On a flight to Dallas recently, I sat next to a man. I almost asked him if he was law enforcement because he just had “that look,” — great posture, “aware,” and slightly intimidating. We got to talking and he’s a lt fire fighter in Texas. He told me all kinds of fascinating stories and I got his email–for future research, of course. 🙂 The greatest thing about him? He’s a family man who clearly adores his family. He had a huge bag of Sees candies he was bringing home to them! Can’t wait to read this book. Congrats!!

6. Bella Andre
    April 28th, 2009 at 10:44 am · Link

Holly – Hi there! Thanks so much for ordering WILD HEAT. I hope you love it! And I know exactly what you mean about the kids getting shy. My kids do the same thing!

Julie – LOL! That’s a great story. I”m so glad you shared. ANd btw, I can totally picture you passing this hunky guy as you walk your dogs every day. 😉

Munk – I’m with you on loving my cover. The hero is *very* yummy on it.

Virna – Hey you. Great story! And I love you got his email….for research, of course. LOL.

April 28th, 2009 at 11:48 am · Link

Very sexy cover. Yum. I live in a rural area, and our firemen are volunteer. I never see any in their uniforms at the local stores. I don’t see many cops up close, either. Sorry. But that doesn’t stop me from reading books about them!

8. Buffie
    April 28th, 2009 at 12:07 pm · Link

Hey Bella! I can’t wait to get my hands on this book. It sounds fabulous, and the cover is holy smokes hawt!

The last time I ran into any firefighters it was definitely on purpose. See my sons are in cub scouts and one requirement is to go to a fire or police station. So I told my hubby I would be more than happy to take the boys to the fire station so he wouldn’t have to do it when he got home from work. We looked around every single room in the station. The work out room was unbelievable. And of course there were so nice looking guys on duty that day 😉

9. Liz Kreger
    April 28th, 2009 at 12:33 pm · Link

What a great cover, Bella. Sorry, no firefighter stories, but it is amazing how you can almost pick them out in a crowd. Same with police officers. There’s just something ’bout them that stands out.

10. Bella Andre
    April 28th, 2009 at 2:01 pm · Link

Edie – It’d be fun to try and guess, though, wouldn’t it? 😉

Buffie – Your husband must have thought you were being so giving! LOL

Liz – Thanks, I really like it too. And yes, you really can pick them out from a crowd, can’t you?

11. Greta
    April 28th, 2009 at 2:29 pm · Link

okay – I’ll admit I have read any of your books. But I love firefighters so this one is a must have for me now!

12. Bella Andre
    April 28th, 2009 at 5:36 pm · Link

Greta – I love it when new readers pick up one of my books. I hope you love WILD HEAT!

13. Jane
    April 28th, 2009 at 7:45 pm · Link

Happy Release Day, Bella. I love ogling men in uniform. I do occasionally see the police and firefighters on the streets.

April 29th, 2009 at 5:09 am · Link

The book sounds awesome, Bella. Like Edie, we only have volunteer firemen in this town. I know some of them, and well… eww. Our policemen are pretty good guys, but most of them are portly. I’d kill for a little hot cop or fireman eye-candy.

15. Bella Andre
    April 29th, 2009 at 6:42 am · Link

THanks, Jane.

And B.E. – you completely cracked me up!!!
    😉 Bella

16. Brandy W
    April 29th, 2009 at 4:18 pm · Link

I agree with Munk on this one. You had me at fire fighters and hot cover.

Now when it comes to a man in uniform I have it easy…my husband. He’s in the Army and deployed so I get these hot pictures of him in all his gear. I’d jump his bones if he was here.

17. kh
    April 29th, 2009 at 10:02 pm · Link

very hot cover love fireman brave and strong

love rescue me

18. Pat L.
    May 1st, 2009 at 3:14 am · Link

Bella I looove your books! Pls continue writing them.

And Karin, congrats.