It’s a–
June 8th, 2009

GIRL!!!!

I am so damn excited I can’t stand it.  I knew I didn’t care whether I was going to have a granddaughter or a grandson, but what I didn’t realize until after the sonogram was that I had been unconsciously stressing about the baby’s health.  Hey, it’s what I do: worry!

My son-in-law was so nervous while we waited for the doc to come in I had to laugh. Here’s a guy who was as cool as a cucumber on his wedding day, patiently waiting at the altar for my husband to hand over our daughter. But today, he was nervous and fidgety and it was making me nervous and fidgety!

So at first, my granddaughter was not cooperating.  The umbilical cord was between her legs and the doc couldn’t get a good shot.  But while we waited for cooperation, the doc went over that baby front to back, up and down, backwards and frontward, inside and out.  I was leaning over her shoulder asking what was what, although you could see her little face (she’s gorgeous btw) and hands and feet and arms and skeleton so clearly it was like she was right there, instead of in my daughter’s belly.  And when the doc was finally done with her examination of the baby, I asked her, “So everything looks perfect and healthy?”

She looked up at me and said, “Yep.”

I broke down and cried.  I was so relieved!  Then the cord slid to one side and the doc said, “It looks like a girl from here.”

My son-in-law said, “Great, three generations of Beezies.”  It was priceless.

So, I have a granddaughter!!!  Hubby is ecstatic, and my sons are already honing their hunt-the-bastard-down-and-kill-him-if-he-hurts-their-niece skills.

I already bought her coming homing for the hospital outfit 6 weeks ago.  I had a hunch…

So, along with this wonderful news, I want to just say to the ladies of WisRWA, Thank you for making me feel so welcome!  To my new friends, Cat, and Megan and Renee, and Heather and Thea, and Trish, and Jody, and both Anns, and to all the others, thank you for making the con so memorable.  To my dear friends Edie and Liz, hugs and kisses. I heart you both. To Liz S and Kathleen P and Marilyn, and Donna K and Stacy N it was so nice to finally meet you face to face! (although Marilyn and I have met before, but it was so nice to see you again!).  I came home dog ass tired, and swore when I got off the plane, I wasn’t going to travel all day for any con!  But by the time I told hubby about the weekend, I said, “I’d do it again.  And I will if they invite me back next year!”  hint hint.

I also wanted to let y’all know I’m going to be guest blogging over at my friends Greta’s place tomorrow.  http://idonotwanttowaitiwantthebooknow.wordpress.com/

C’mon over and harass me.  And give me a few days to get all of these prizes together.  I have a busy week ahead and might get a wee bit more behind.  My mailbox is overflowing with emails I should have returned weeks ago.  Bad, Karin.

Ciao, chicas!

Karin*

17 comments to “It’s a–”

June 9th, 2009 at 4:50 am · Link

Karin, I heart you back! This was the best WisRWA con, and I’d love it if you could come back next year.

Congrats again on the baby girl!!!!

June 9th, 2009 at 4:50 am · Link

Congratulations! A new little girl. Yay. =o)

3. Crystal B.
    June 9th, 2009 at 7:31 am · Link

Congratulations Karin! 🙂

4. cathryn fox
    June 9th, 2009 at 8:15 am · Link

Congratulations, Karin!! What wonderful news!

5. Ally @ The Cata Network
    June 9th, 2009 at 9:18 am · Link

>>sons are already honing their hunt-the-bastard-down-and-kill-him-if-he-hurts-their-niece skills.

That totally had me laughing. It’s as it should be. 🙂

Congrats, Karin, mom and baby. Oh and Daddy too.

6. Jane
    June 9th, 2009 at 9:43 am · Link

Congrats, Karin. You’re going to have a great time shopping for little dresses.

7. Laurie K
    June 9th, 2009 at 9:53 am · Link

Congrats to you and your family – it’s so fun to dress them.

8. Karin Tabke
    June 9th, 2009 at 10:32 am · Link

Thanks everyone. I slept in this morning, and woke up thinking of my granddaughter.

My daughter is a wee bit distressed. She said it’s going to be payback time when her daughter is older. It’s funny how they finally figure it out. But if the truth be known, my daughter was and still is a great kid. Both of the girls were easy. It was and still is those darn boys that keep me up at night!

9. Cat Schield
    June 9th, 2009 at 10:43 am · Link

Congrats Karin! Little girls are so much fun (especially when you’re a grandma and you can spoil them rotten). My daughter is so fond of saying, “Grandma says…” that some days I want to scream. She adores her grandparents. And I’m so glad.

10. Pam P
    June 9th, 2009 at 11:03 am · Link

Congratulations to all, Karin!

11. Natalie
    June 9th, 2009 at 11:11 am · Link

Congrats!!

Make sure you buy them lots of noisy kid toys as payback =]

12. J. Carson Black
    June 9th, 2009 at 5:34 pm · Link

That’s wonderful, Karin! I’m so excited for you guys. And as a grandma, you’ll have the best of al worlds–you’ll still get your beauty sleep! 😉

13. Fedora
    June 9th, 2009 at 8:59 pm · Link

Sweeeet! How thrilling for you and your daughter, Karin!! Thanks for the sharing the news!

14. Sandie
    June 10th, 2009 at 3:18 am · Link

Congratulations Karin. There’s nothing like having a grandchild come into your life. Enjoy.

Sandie

June 10th, 2009 at 7:39 am · Link

Whoo Hoo, a baby girl! 😎 Karin, I’m so happy for you and your sweet family. Little girls snuggle in your heart, and their smiles are like the sun! Little boys too, of course, since I have three grandsons! I smile thinking of all the special moments ahead.

June 10th, 2009 at 2:29 pm · Link

thanks everyone for the congrats. we are all so excited. me mostly coz she looks like she has all her parts and they all look healthy.

sigh. i feel truly blessed right now.

17. Donna Kowalczyk
    June 11th, 2009 at 4:23 pm · Link

Hi Karin! Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter, I bet she’s simply perfect! 🙂

It was wonderful to finally meet you in person; Inviting you to conference turned out to be one of my best ideas of the last three years. *G* You had us in stitches Friday night at the dessert reception. I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself, and I can’t tell you how many times I heard, “I just love that Karin Tabke, she’s so funny!” LOL

Conference will be in Milwaukee next year, and I sure hope you decide to join us again. *hugs!*