Happy Monday!
June 29th, 2009

I actually caught up with everything (ok, most of it!) over the weekend!  And, did a wee bit of writing.  I love the proposal I’m working on.  LOVE. IT!   Best stuff yet!  Why couldn’t I write this good with the first books?  Ah, live and learn I suppose.   We all evolve.  The older I get the mellower I get, and yes, like a nice bottle of cab, I’m getting better.  Better in the sense that I don’t let stuff get to me like I used to, I’m very comfortable in my skin, and well, just happier in general.

I’ve always been a happy person, but now, I find myself smiling a little more. I think I’ve really learned to be grateful for the blessings I already have. All I have to do is look around at my family and that seals the deal for me.  My cup runneth over.

Okay, so, today, I have to get to the post office!  Hah!  That’s a big fat maybe!  I have to finish up the prize packets, and I have to write!

What’s on your agenda for today??

Karin*

9 comments to “Happy Monday!”

June 29th, 2009 at 9:24 am · Link

Karin, is this a new proposal? And your writing is better because you’ve learned so much. I know some writers are the oppositve, they don’t learn. But I’ve noticed you keep getting better.

I’m finishing my wip this moving, and sending the last sub to Liz. Yay!!! I was busy this morning with a mammogram and other fun stuff. (The mammo was okay, according to the technician.) All in all, a good day.

2. Jill James
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:09 am · Link

Karin, you sound so happy. Good for you.

I have one plan on the agenda today. Write. If I don’t get 2,000 words I’m staying up until I do. I love my new story and the words are all in my head. Get on the paper, dammit.

June 29th, 2009 at 12:15 pm · Link

Yep, another proposal, Edie! This one is naughty sexy and suspenseful. 🙂

So you;re just about done done with your wip? Revised the way you want?

I need to go in for a mammo this month. grrr.

June 29th, 2009 at 12:17 pm · Link

Jill, I *am* happy. Had some good news this morning re my fil and a health issue. So, I’m good to go!

Good luck writing! I’m going to give a gf a call in a few and do some brainstorming with her on her series, then pounce back on mine!

June 29th, 2009 at 3:08 pm · Link

Ooh, your new proposal sounds interesting. 🙂

I’m very happy with my revisions. I’m going over Liz’s crits. She has 100 pages more to critique. After I get them from her and go over them, I’ll be ready to send out.

6. Patricia Barraclough
    June 29th, 2009 at 5:44 pm · Link

Today was a day to finish planning what I will be doing for Children’s programs in July. Will finalize the calendar tomorrow so I can hand them out at the last summer reading session on Thursday.

June 30th, 2009 at 4:48 am · Link

Hurray for getting caught up. =o)

I only got about half of yesterday’s plans accomplished, so I’m not holding myself to anything today. :shrug: Sometimes I work better that way.

8. Fedora
    July 1st, 2009 at 6:00 am · Link

Yay, Karin! Family trumps all, don’t it? In a good way! 🙂 Hope you’re having a great week–off to load the car for a day of driving/chaperoning… ;p

9. Lee
    July 1st, 2009 at 9:05 am · Link

I guess I’m a couple of days behind…But I’m so looking forward to a facial today…I need one. Lots of family stuff lately, it makes me crazy, but I can’t help but love them for all the drama.