Still Trying to Catch Up And National Plans!
July 5th, 2009

Why is it the faster I go the behinder I get?  Especially when I’m waiting for what I hope will be some very exciting news? (and, yes I’ll share it with you all. Regardless of outcome) Do you ever do that?  Allow the anticipation of something really cool, keep you from doing what you really need to focus on?  I mean the time I’ve spent pacing is time that should have been spent doing something productive!

Ok, well, I have been productive. Sort of.  I mailed out most all of the prize packages.  Still waiting for a few things to send out.  I have my inbox down to 13.  I’ve written.  I’ve cleared my desk of quite a few things, though my office needs to be put back together. I have a hugely busy week this week and next week, I’m off to DC for National.

Speaking of National, who’s going?  For the first time since I can’t remember, I’m not booked hour to hour. While I have plans each day, they aren’t stacked.  Well, except for Wednesday and Thursday.   And Friday. J

So, if you are going to National, what are you looking forward to the most?  Is it your first time?  Not going?  What will you miss the most?

Karin*

14 comments to “Still Trying to Catch Up And National Plans!”

July 6th, 2009 at 4:32 am · Link

I didn’t realize National was coming up so quickly. You’ll have a blast, as usual. I’ll be working on my new book.

I’m guilty of anticipating news like that, too. Hope you hear something good soon!

July 6th, 2009 at 7:04 am · Link

Hey Karin, have a blast at National! What I’ll miss the most, seeing you and the Magical gals. I loved our TX year, and look forward to seeing everyone in Nashville.

Like Edie, I’ll be working. For me revisions, though. Want to get it right, ya know? 😎

3. Brandy W
    July 6th, 2009 at 7:26 am · Link

I am only going for the signing. I can’t wait. Plus I get to spend the night thanks to my fantastic hubby. I have no idea what to do with myself before or after the signing though. hehe

4. J. Carson Black
    July 6th, 2009 at 10:01 am · Link

Enjoy National, everybody!

And Karin–I hope your news gets better and better. I love to hear good news, or even the hint of good news!

5. Jane
    July 6th, 2009 at 10:20 am · Link

Have fun at National.

6. Natalie
    July 6th, 2009 at 10:35 am · Link

I’m going!! It’s my first time, so I’m not really sure what I’m excited about the most. I can’t wait to learn a few things, and of course, I can’t wait for the signing! I think what I’m excited about the most though, would be meeting other people who love writing as much as I do. I don’t have any friends who write, and sometimes its frustrating!

However, I am nervous about the trip- I’m pretty shy and I think that might hold me back from meeting lots of people. I’m also only 19 and I don’t know if that will prevent people from talking to me! Thankfully I’m bringing my best friend (my mum!)to help me through everything!

Hope you have fun!

7. Liz Kreger
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:17 am · Link

I’m still whining that I’m not going to Nationals. (snivel) You’re gonna have a terrific time. Keep us posted on your good news. Can’t wait to hear.

8. HollyD
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:25 am · Link

Karin – Have a fun & safe trip. I can’t wait to hear the news. I know it’ll be be great.

9. Jill James
    July 6th, 2009 at 2:50 pm · Link

Not going. I will really miss seeing the people I only get to see at National. I’ll miss the buzz of being around so many other writers.

10. Fedora
    July 6th, 2009 at 3:29 pm · Link

I’m not going, but have a fabulous time! I think I might feel a bit overwhelmed by the crowds, but it would be amazing to rub elbows with so many of you fantastic authors! One of these years!

11. Charlotte Featherstone
    July 8th, 2009 at 8:51 am · Link

Karin, I’m hopoing to catch up with you at Nationals. I’m dreading it, yet excited about. Thursday and Friday are my booked days. And lucky me, I get to work on revisions while I’m there……yeah me!!!

I’m going to miss the baby girl, the new puppy, and last, but not least, hubby’s warm body lying beside me at nights!

12. Caryn Caldwell
    July 8th, 2009 at 9:03 am · Link

Ha! You may not have a full schedule for Nationals yet, but just wait! I thought I’d have free time in San Francisco, yet I went to bed exhausted every night and got up super early because I just couldn’t fit it all in.

Good luck with whatever’s keeping you so preoccupied!

13. Joy
    July 8th, 2009 at 6:09 pm · Link

Will be there even if I have to stowaway

14. Karin Tabke
    July 8th, 2009 at 7:04 pm · Link

I’m sooo behind! Sorry for not commenting. I’ll be back when I have a chance to catch my breath!