Eye Issue
August 25th, 2009

Some of you already know, late Sunday night my kitty scratched my right eye.  Total accident.  He sleeps next to me, by my head, and always has to have at least one paw touching me.  I woke up around 4 in the a.m. he had both paws on my cheek, he was sound asleep, I had to use the little girls room.  I started to scratch him behind the ears, he liked, stretched and I made the mistake of turning my head right into his semi extended claws, and well, he caught my right eye.  Hurt like a mother!  I have antibiotics and thank God for narcotics, but this has not been fun.

I’ll be off the computer for a few more days until my eye has healed a little more.  Today it’s throbbing and still weepy but it’s bugging me enough that I want to keep it closed as much as I can.  I went out earlier to run an errand and the sunlight nearly did me in.  Now I know what a vampire feels like when the sun hits him!

So, bear with me if I don’t immediately return emails or chit chat.

Have a great rest of the week!

Karin*

11 comments to “Eye Issue”

August 25th, 2009 at 3:54 pm · Link

Take care of your eye, Karin. Let the kids or hubby do your errands.

2. Jill James
    August 25th, 2009 at 4:01 pm · Link

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better soon. Just relax and let the eye heal.

3. Patricia Barraclough
    August 25th, 2009 at 6:20 pm · Link

The one small point, is that the eye heals rapidly. It still hurts, but not for as long. Our son gouged out across the center of his eye when he was about 6 months old. Scary, but I couldn’t believe how fast it healed. Hang in there.

4. HollyD
    August 26th, 2009 at 4:52 am · Link

OMG! Feel better soon. I’m very squeamish and eye injuries make me nauseous.

August 26th, 2009 at 5:45 am · Link

Maybe an eye-patch would help, and you can be Pirate Karin for a week. Arrr.

Seriously, though, take care and feel better soon. :hugs:

6. J. Carson Black
    August 26th, 2009 at 6:01 am · Link

Might want to go to the doc to check it out, mainly for the antibiotics, since it was a cat claw. But I also gouged my eye with a stick once, and it healed just fine. Eyes are wonderfully regenerative.

Our cat sleeps between our heads, too, but so far, the only casualties have been my nose and mouth–they are under constant assault from shedding cat hair.

7. Margaret
    August 26th, 2009 at 7:06 am · Link

Glad you got some meds, Karin!
    You might want to wear a pirate eye patch just in case. Argh, matey!

8. Karin Tabke
    August 26th, 2009 at 10:30 am · Link

thnx goils! eye is much better today!

jake, i got antibiotics the first day.

and margaret? i wore an eye patch the first day as well. had too, hurt too much to be open.

9. Jane
    August 26th, 2009 at 1:07 pm · Link

Feel better soon.

10. Jody
    August 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am · Link

The patch looks great on Thorin, I can only imagine it would look sexy on you as well……
    YOu want I should put YOU on your own tee shirt now????

11. Karin Tabke
    August 28th, 2009 at 7:07 pm · Link

thanks for all the well wishes! eye is back to normal!