Crazy Weekend, More Crazy Comin’!
November 9th, 2009

I have to make this brief.  Two things going on right now, I’m writing like a fiend and my daughter is on the verge of having my granddaughter.  The weekend was a crazy flash of memory.  Saturday was my last FBI Citizen’s Academy class.  After our graduation, we went out and met with SWAT.  Great bunch of guys.  We played hostage.  J  Then it was a free for all on the range.  I was able to shoot a .308 sniper rifle.  I hit the metal target each time, I was so accurate I shot the target off its holder.  I was then instructed to shoot at a smaller target, I nailed it!  I shot an M4, a Tommy Gun, Glock 22 and a 12 gauge shot gun.  My right arm and back is killing me!  But my groupings with all of the weapons I shot were tight and on target.  My fave was the long shot.  Love that .308!  It was single action and well, it was very cool.  I want to be an FBI sniper when I grow up.

Yesterday my eldest son brought a bunch of his friends over for dinner. Great bunch. They took all of the leftovers. I really enjoyed them. My daughter was having serious contractions all day yesterday, and my son-in-law, whom I adore, thought it would be funny when he said, “Ma!  Rhianna’s water broke!” and watch for a reaction.  Oh, he got one. We all came running.  They both laughed thinking their little fun at our expense was hysterical. I got him back this morning.  I got him good.  Who’s laughing now, sucker fool????

So, I need to take care of a few things around here, then take my kid to the doc’s.  I’m sure they’ll hook her up to the monitor to make sure the baby is fine. I suspect more waiting after that.  But this baby is on her way.

I’ll keep y’all posted!

And please say a prayer for my daughter and granddaughter to stay healthy and for everything to go smoothly.

xo

Karin*

15 comments to “Crazy Weekend, More Crazy Comin’!”

November 9th, 2009 at 12:29 pm · Link

I’m praying, Karin!

I bet your hubby was proud of your shooting. Or scared. LOL Sounds like a great time. Congrats on your graduation!

2. Jaci Burton
    November 9th, 2009 at 1:34 pm · Link

Fingers crossed and hope the baby comes soon, Karin!, and that they’re both healthy through it all.

Keep us posted, k?

3. HollyD
    November 9th, 2009 at 3:17 pm · Link

Karin – I’m sending positive thoughts and prayers for the whole family.

Awesome job on the shooting.

November 9th, 2009 at 3:48 pm · Link

back from the doc’s. all is well. still in hurry up and wait mode.

5. virna
    November 9th, 2009 at 4:51 pm · Link

Praying for nothing but good and healthy and happy! Right on re the shooting range.

6. Jill James
    November 9th, 2009 at 5:09 pm · Link

Prayers and happy, happy thoughts. Can’t wait to hear there is a baby at your house.

November 9th, 2009 at 7:52 pm · Link

YAY, the post I’ve been waiting for! 🙂 Here’s to a happy, healthy mama and baby! Hope the baby packed some chubby with her too!

A hug your way, Karin!

8. Marcia Colette
    November 10th, 2009 at 5:09 am · Link

Strange. Your daughter popped into my head last night while I was resting from baby-pressure build-up and realized that I needed to do a check-in. Boy, am I glad I didn’t miss anything. 🙂 This is so exciting that I’m practically foaming at the mouth with anticipation. Fingers crossed and prayers to your daughter and granddaughte that everything goes well.

9. J. Carson Black
    November 10th, 2009 at 10:00 am · Link

Lots of good thoughts and prayers headed your way, Karin.

Come on, Baby!

10. Margaret
    November 10th, 2009 at 11:05 am · Link

Sending prayers and positive vibes your way! I’m so excited for you!

11. Karin Tabke
    November 10th, 2009 at 1:47 pm · Link

thanx everyone. your prayers and good wishes are much appreciated. my phone doesn’t stop ringing. I’m afraid my son-in-law is going to wear a six foot groove in his office he’s so ready for his daughter to make her debut. he’s going to be a great dad. i can’t wait to see him hold his daughter for the first time. ok, i’m getting all emotional and gooey. time to get back to the writing.

12. Lynn R.
    November 10th, 2009 at 2:42 pm · Link

All the best to your daughter and granddaughter-to-be! I must admit, I’m dying to know what you did to the SIL to get back at him!!

Hugs!

Later,

Lynn

13. Tracey Edwards
    November 10th, 2009 at 2:47 pm · Link

Sending prayers to your ever~growing family. Your granddaughter already has a built in fan base as we anxiously await her arrival. Best wishes to all.

14. Karin Tabke
    November 10th, 2009 at 3:34 pm · Link

Lynne, I called him at work and was like, “OMG! You have to come home now! Rhianna’s water just broke. Meet us at the hospital!!” Hah! I got him good.

Thank you for the prayers, Tracey! I’m trying really hard to focus on my writing but, well, even with my kewl new chair it’s hard!

November 11th, 2009 at 6:42 am · Link

I haven’t been around, but I’ve been thinking positive thoughts for both mama and baby. And for all of you, since you’re probably all pacing the floor waiting. Maybe baby just wants to make an entrance. =o)