Monday Madness!
November 16th, 2009

I’m using today to catch up on all of the things that have been put aside in anticipation of my lovely granddaughter, Gianna’s arrival, who by the way is too damn cute for words.  She is just a sweet pea!  And such a good baby.  Hardly fusses.  The kids are typical first timers and I love watching them hover.  My son-in-law went out and bought a video monitoring system yesterday.  The day before he installed the heartbeat monitor, and they have the audio monitors as well.   We can remote monitor her on tv or on the computers.  It’s like an FBI observation room around here with all the technology to keep an eye on one tiny baby.  How did our babies ever survive without all this stuff?

Today they take her to the doctor’s for her well check.  I doubt she’s lost any weight. That baby has the appetite of a linebacker.  It’s all good.  I’m happy for them and I’m happy for me!

So while they are out doing their parental stuff, I’ll be here tidying up things for them.  Once that is done, I’m pouncing back on my story.  Which I am loving btw.  I hope my editor does too.   I sent her the first half last week.

So, I’m going to be laying low until I type The End, which if all goes well will be this time next week!  Wish me luck, and behave while I’m gone, coz once I turn in this book?  I am so going to kick back and party!

Karin*

11 comments to “Monday Madness!”

November 16th, 2009 at 12:52 pm · Link

How did our babies ever survive without all this stuff?

Lung power. lol

So glad the book is going so great!

2. Kendra
    November 16th, 2009 at 3:45 pm · Link

Heartbeat monitor? Wasn’t aware of that one. Technology changes so fast. I do remember hovering over my babies at night to be certain they were still breathing.

Enjoy!

3. Jill James
    November 16th, 2009 at 6:42 pm · Link

My baby had a heartbeat monitor but she was a premmie, weighed 3 pounds, didn’t know they had them for perfectly healthy babies.

4. HollyD
    November 16th, 2009 at 6:58 pm · Link

I’m glad she’s home and everything is going well. We’ll miss you and try to behave while you’re gone. So how soon do we get to know what this book is about? Any hints?

5. Karin Tabke
    November 16th, 2009 at 7:01 pm · Link

no kidding, edie!

yes, kendra a heartbeat monitor. it goes beneath the mattress and if there is no movement for like 20 seconds an alarm goes off. of course the alarm will wake up the dead or scare you to death.

jill, she is perfectly healthy! but i have to say, out of all of the gadgets, the heartbeat monitor gives me the most peace of mind.

6. Bonnie H
    November 17th, 2009 at 9:34 am · Link

Oh its just so awesome to be a grandma – isn’t it just the most wonderful blessing?
    Good luck with the writing this week – and I’m looking forward to kickin’ online with you next week then, after you type The End 😀
    *hugs*

7. Fedora
    November 17th, 2009 at 2:19 pm · Link

How fabulous, Karin! It must be wonderful cuddling your granddaughter! Best wishes to her and your whole family! And happy writing! 😉

8. virna
    November 17th, 2009 at 6:13 pm · Link

LOL on all the monitors. We have a picture of our first trip down south with out 1st baby. The back of the van was PACKED with stuff including my full size glider rocking chair that I refused to do without. 🙂 Congrats to all and am looking forward to some serious reading!

9. Kira Daniels
    November 18th, 2009 at 8:12 am · Link

Congrats on your granddaughter!! You are blessed. I love the name they picked out for her. Beautiful!

I had sound moniters but not video and all that other stuff. I remember being a first-time parent. It’s a scary thing.

Congrats again!!

10. Terry Odell
    November 18th, 2009 at 10:08 am · Link

I remember when a crank-up baby swing was the height of baby technology. I refused to get one with my first, figuring it was my job to hold the kid, not park him. Of course, when I had my twins, I got TWO swings.

I’m looking at all the gadgets my son and D-i-l have for grandbaby. Mostly though, I am counting down until the day we get to go visit for her second birthday celebration.

11. Theresa
    November 18th, 2009 at 9:30 pm · Link

Congrats on the newest little Tabke Blessing!

Although technically I suppose her name isn’t Tabke? So glad to hear everything went so well.