Monday Madness
December 14th, 2009

I’ve been hunched over my keyboard working on my rewrite so much so I woke this morning and can barely straighten out. I feel like a pretzel. But I really like the changes.  My editor is brilliant!

I plan on putting up another first page this Wednesday for Why/Why Not? I’m really impressed with everyone’s suggestions on the two last week.

Also I wanted to mention I did sell my paranormal trilogy!  Yay!  We pitched it as Sons of Anarchy meets Rise of the Lycans.  The books landed at Berkely with Cindy Hwang editing.  They will be releasing 5/11, 9/11 and 2/12.  I’m very excited.

So, I need to hop back on this rewrite, but plan on surfacing Wednesday with another page. Email your page 250 words or less to me at kltabke@aol.com with Why?Why Not? in the subject line, and I’ll pick one or maybe two depending on responses, to post on Wednesday!

Ciao for now!

Karin*

PS OMG!  Was the Dexter finally last night off the hook disturbing or what?  We sat there in stunned silence.  I woke up thinking about it.

23 comments to “Monday Madness”

December 14th, 2009 at 12:14 pm · Link

I’ll be back on Wednesday. So cool about your rewrite. I’m betting it rocks!

2. HollyD
    December 14th, 2009 at 1:40 pm · Link

That’s great about the sale. I can’t wait to read them. Well, I guess I WILL have to but that’s okay.

3. Jaci Burton
    December 14th, 2009 at 7:17 pm · Link

Congrats on your new book deal!

4. Karin Tabke
    December 14th, 2009 at 10:36 pm · Link

See you Wednesday, Edie!

5. Karin Tabke
    December 14th, 2009 at 10:37 pm · Link

Thanks, Holly! I think you will really like this series. I’m super excited to write it!

6. Karin Tabke
    December 14th, 2009 at 10:38 pm · Link

Thanks, Jaci! I saw you sold another something as well. 🙂 Congrats. So, are you going to Nashville or what?

7. rita
    December 15th, 2009 at 4:33 am · Link

Fantastic news on the sale.
    Yes Dexter was a super surprise. I was a little pleased the character was beginning to annoy me.
    I’m bad

December 15th, 2009 at 5:16 am · Link

The new series sounds awesome, Karin. Congratulations. =o)

9. Margaret
    December 15th, 2009 at 8:42 am · Link

Great news, Karin! I’m looking forward to Wednesday!

10. Carol Luce
    December 15th, 2009 at 8:56 am · Link

Karin, congrats on the trilogy sale!

I, too, was stunned by the Dexter season finale. All I could think of was how in the hell is he going to explain her death to the police. I love Dexter. It’s one of the best shows on TV.

11. J. Carson Black
    December 15th, 2009 at 9:27 am · Link

Karin, congratulations on your book deal! I can’t wait to buy them.

Jake

12. Jill James
    December 15th, 2009 at 12:36 pm · Link

Karin, can’t wait for your books. You know I love paranormal.

Darmn, I don’t have Showtime, so no Dexter for me.

13. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:38 pm · Link

Thnx, Rita, I’m very excited about the series. and while i’m with you on the annoying factor of a certain character, i was so sad to see their demise. they must have been terrified. that is what made me the saddest. 🙁

14. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:39 pm · Link

Thanks, Beth! Howz your writing coming along? Still on target?

15. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:40 pm · Link

Gracias, Margarita. I’m looking forward to tomorrow too!

16. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Thnx, Carol. I’m with you on being stunned. I am still saddened by the last few shots. So unnerving, so final, so haunting. I’m not sure if I like the writers anymore. I think next season they will gloss over her death as Trinity’s revenge against the cops, Deb specifically, for discovering who he is.

17. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Muchas gracias, Jake!!

18. Karin Tabke
    December 15th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Netflix, Jill. Dexter and the ensemble cast are great character studies.

19. Carol Luce
    December 15th, 2009 at 5:54 pm · Link

Karin, did you watch the interview with Hall and Lithgow? They were both shocked by the season finale, wondering if the writers had gone too far.

Have to agree with Rita though, the wife was getting on my nerves, pushing Dexter into being someone he wasn’t ready to be, which caused him to get reckless and unprofessional. Everyone knows that as soon as the hero falls in love, it curtains for the heroine. I wonder what will happen to those poor kids.

December 16th, 2009 at 6:34 am · Link

The target keeps shifting, Karin. LOL Over the weekend I decided to rewrite the paranormal I did for NaNo – from third to first POV. 2300 words in, and it’s looking great. So, I guess I’m more on-target than I’ve been for a while. Thanks for asking. =o)

21. Karin Tabke
    December 16th, 2009 at 11:25 am · Link

That’s great, Beth. Loving what you’re working on is so important! Good luck with it!

22. Terry Odell
    December 17th, 2009 at 1:29 pm · Link

Finally back in town and on my PC. Congrats on the sale! It’ll take me forever to catch up on blogs. Nice to see good news.

December 18th, 2009 at 4:19 pm · Link

Whoo Hoo, Karin! I’m so thrilled you landed those paranormals! I LOVE the genre, an so happy for you. 🙂