Howz 2010 So Far?
January 4th, 2010

I’m cruising toward the end of my wip, despite a nasty head cold!

I’m going to post a few goals for this year, and hope you will share yours as well.

*Stay on task and stick to my budget!

*Write 1500 words each day Monday thru Friday, crap is allowed, encouraged even!

*Take the weekends and enjoy myself.

*Walk 30 min at least three times a week, strive for more.

*Be more forgiving and less judgmental.

How about you?

Karin*

PS, check out Murder She Writes, we have a few fresh faces to kick off the new year!

Oh, and guess what starts on the 12th?  AI!!!!

11 comments to “Howz 2010 So Far?”

1. Kendra
    January 4th, 2010 at 7:34 pm · Link

Idol!! Can’t wait!

So strange seeing new faces at MSW. I still think of the original five.

January 4th, 2010 at 7:55 pm · Link

I might skip Idol this year. So far 2010 was good. But instead of writing tonight, I was looking at cake recipes on Allrecipes. I think I’m going to make the Irish Cream Bundt Cake recipe, only in a 9X13 inch pan instead of a bundt cake pan.

3. Karin Tabke
    January 5th, 2010 at 12:16 am · Link

Kendra, i know it’s strange to see new faces at MSW, but i think we’re in for a good time!

4. Karin Tabke
    January 5th, 2010 at 12:17 am · Link

Edie, i bet you won’t be able to help yourself!

your cake sounds yummy.

January 5th, 2010 at 6:04 am · Link

What happened to Deb and Natalie? Not that it’s any of my business, but I’m curious.

Goals for 2010?
    – Be more organized, which means having a schedule and sticking to it.
    – Be more focused with regard to my writing.
    – Eat healthier and smaller meals.
    – Get more exercise

6. Terry Odell
    January 5th, 2010 at 6:29 am · Link

Excellent goals — all measurable! I’m still waffling about mine, since I don’t have a contract for my manuscript. I’ll be doing the submission goal stuff, but not sure what kind of writing direction I’ll be taking until I get some feedback.

But I know I’ll be writing. Can’t not.

7. J. Carson Black
    January 5th, 2010 at 8:27 am · Link

In addition to more time in the gym, eating less, and making sure I get the next book written by the end of this year, I plan to:

1. Move my account from one of the Big Banks to a community bank before I get dinged to death by user fees after they’ve enhanced my checking account options to “better serve me.” And –

2. Quit whining!

8. Liz Kreger
    January 5th, 2010 at 1:45 pm · Link

Let’s see.

Watch less television … if that’s possible. 😆

Write on a daily basis and actually produce something.

Lay off the internet (except while at the day job, of course)

Exercise more and eat less.

9. Sarah Simas
    January 7th, 2010 at 9:53 am · Link

HI Karin!

Happy New Year!

My goals are just to finish my WIP and shed my “sagging middle.” 🙂

I’d love to enter my MS in the Golden Heart this year. My hubby got me a mini-PC, so now I have no excuse!

Best wishes for a very successful 2010!

January 9th, 2010 at 8:49 am · Link

Hey Karin, love those goals of yours! Some great stuff there too. Mine are doable, I think. Mainly, write daily and move forward. I rather like your focus on the five days, and enjoy the weekends guilt-free. A possibility for sure. I usually do that in the summer when there’s more fun going on outside. LOL. Also, I need to drop some pounds that keep hanging on. And, I want to stick to reading every evening too. I love doing that before bed. All in all, to stay focused and happy.

11. Jill James
    January 11th, 2010 at 7:52 pm · Link

yeah AI!!!!! Joined a gym. Going to write every day. Going to finish something, anything this year.