The Ravages of Writing!
February 1st, 2010

Ugh, my right hand is about toast!  I’ve had some issues with it for a long time, but now they are compounded by all of the crazy time I spent at the keyboard with this last book, and I think I may have some carpal tunnel going on as well.  No bueno for a writer.  I’m doing the ibuprophen and icing, and I am also staying off the keyboard as much as possible.  I have a ton of emails I have to respond to, but haven’t because it just hurts to type.  My apologies for not getting right back to you, but I will!

I started book one, BLOOD LAW, today, and really need to conserve my hand for writing the story, so I’ll be here, reading and hanging out but silently.  Just consider me your friendly neighborhood lurker this week, at least until I get the pain and swelling under control.

So, a question:  Totally unrelated to my blog, but who is jazzed about the Olympics starting next Friday?  I can’t wait!!  And who is your fave Olympian??

8 comments to “The Ravages of Writing!”

1. Liz Kreger
    February 1st, 2010 at 2:58 pm · Link

Ewww. Sorry ’bout the hand thing, Karin. However, I had to chuckle when you mentioned Ibuprophen and icing. I immediately got this vision of chocolate icing on your hand. 😆 I know … sad. I’ll go away.

February 1st, 2010 at 4:24 pm · Link

I hope you’ll take care of yourself. I know it’s hard for you not to overdo.

3. HollyD
    February 1st, 2010 at 7:11 pm · Link

Take very good care of yourself. Rest that hand as much as you possibly can. Emails can wait until you’re better.

I can’t wait for the olympics. I love to watch the ice skaters, the snowborders, and in summer the gymnastics.

Feel better soon.

February 2nd, 2010 at 6:07 am · Link

One word: Aspercreme. I’m having the same problems, and that stuff’s about the only thing that keeps me sane.

Ahhh, the Olympics. Now that football’s almost over and baseball’s a long way off, I’m so glad the Winter Games are starting. I can’t wait to see Apolo Ohno. What form, what speed, what a nice set of… never mind. ;o)

5. Terry Odell
    February 3rd, 2010 at 8:43 am · Link

Easy on the typing. Scary for a writer. I love the Olympics, but don’t have a favorite … yet.

6. Micole Black
    February 3rd, 2010 at 10:13 am · Link

Sorry about your hand Karin. Hope it feels better soon!

hugs

Micole Black

7. Kristi
    February 4th, 2010 at 2:13 pm · Link

Hugs on the hand, Karin…that just sucks. Have you taken Aleve at all? Works sooo much better than Ibupro, ‘least for me!

And, yeah, Oooooooooooolympics! Lurve a little Apolo Ono…

8. Karin Tabke
    February 8th, 2010 at 5:50 pm · Link

thank you for all the tips and well wishes! hand is better but then i have been pampering it!