Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
March 15th, 2010

I’m still here.  Just trying like mad to catch up.  So much to do, so little time.  I have so much going on in my life these days on top of all of the regular day-to-day stuff, I bought a crock-pot hoping to make my life easier.  Yanno, plop the meat in, toss a few herbs and spices on top, cover and forgetaboutit for ten hours.  Easy peasy!  Not!  You still have to prep everything as if you were going to cook it regularly, and, there is skill involved in crock-pot cooking.  A skill I am learning.  Last night we had pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw and baked beans.  It was good.

The baby is getting big and dare I say, cuter by the moment?  Her uncle and soon to be Godfather spent the night Saturday night and when he was getting ready for work Sunday morning he didn’t want to leave her.  She just smiles all of the time.  She is such a good baby, and her smile is contagious.

Howz, everyone else?  Watching AI?  Is it me or is Kara getting on everyone’s nerves?  And what’s up with Simon?  Oh, that’s right, he’s in love, so now we get the softer gentler version. Dancing with the Stars is gearing up to begin soon. I’m looking forward to it.  I’m actually going to cheer for Kate Gosslin.  Oh, and who watches Wives of the OC?  I can honestly say, I do not, but hubby does.  He’s watched for years, and so, I watch by osmosis.  I shake my head constantly.  I am amazed there are people like that in this world.  I don’t know why I’m so shocked, I mean there are those kind of chicks in the writing biz, in my own neighborhood, and sadly to say, in a few branches of the family, but I distance myself from them.

I’m so not into drama.  Altho we had some this weekend.  Trying to do what is right, or what we think is right at the time, doesn’t make it easier, especially when it upsets someone you love very much.  Sigh.

Anyhoo, I’m working hard, just about wrapped up a bunch of time sensitive stuff and am back to writing BLOOD LAW.  I’m really enjoying the raw emotions of this book.  I’m letting it all hang out.

What’s up with you all?  Read any good books lately?

Karin*

12 comments to “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah”

March 15th, 2010 at 12:59 pm · Link

We’ve had some drama in my house too, but nothing I want to go into. Maybe in a book some day. My grandson was with me all day, so I’ve barely had time to read my emails. He’s watching Hannah Montana episodes on my computer, and I get to use husband’s computer — aka My Old Computer.

BLOOD LAW is a great title. You go!

2. HollyD
    March 15th, 2010 at 8:18 pm · Link

Oooh, Blood Law is an awesome title. I’m glad your family gets to spend so much time with that little angle.

I read a series by Julie Kenner. They were funny. A wife and mom who just happens to be a deamon chaser working for the Vatican.

March 16th, 2010 at 6:02 am · Link

Must be the time of year for a little drama. We have some going on right now, and we’re just waiting to see how it all plays out. I hope everything works out with yours, Karin.

In my world: We just learned my niece is having a boy – due in July. Her and her husband are such a cute couple, their baby will probably be a lady killer before he’s out of diapers. As for reading, I keep starting books and putting them down. I don’t think it’s the material, though. I think I’m just so wrapped up in my own story, nothing else is sparking me.

4. MJ Hawk
    March 16th, 2010 at 11:01 am · Link

Karin, I love the title, too. And, if you want to write a spin-off for another series, you could explore the family of his maiden fair. The Blood In-Law Series!

Sorry, couldn’t help myself—I’ve been thinking of that all day. 😉

Went to the Tucson Festival of Books Saturday and Sunday,and listened to some fab authors, including Robert Crais and two cowboy crime fiction writers, Craig Johnson and C.J. Box. Lots of fun, lots of sun, and lots of books.

Working hard on my W.I.P., but realized I have to change the plot. 🙁

5. Terry Odell
    March 17th, 2010 at 12:26 pm · Link

We’ve moved from Florida to Colorado and now I can see MY cute grandbaby. We don’t have our permanent house yet, so we’re renting tiny in-law quarters from a very nice couple, but it’s going to be good to find a place we can call our own.

Reading – lately it’s been Barry Eisler. Started the Rain Series and am intrigued by the way he creates a hero from an assassin. Never thought that kind of book would be something I’d enjoy. Never say never.

6. Liz Kreger
    March 18th, 2010 at 7:00 am · Link

Sometimes I wish people would save the drama. Fortunately, we’re having a quiet month so far now that the in-laws are moved into their new digs.

I loooove our crockpot. Hubby does the cookin’ with it and he’s pretty darned good at it.

7. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:13 pm · Link

Hang in there, Edie!

8. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:14 pm · Link

Holly, Julie is a sweetie in real life.

9. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:16 pm · Link

Beth, i think drama is what keeps families from boredom.
    Congrats on the grandnephew!
    If reading is boring you, keep writing woman!!!

10. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:18 pm · Link

Thanks, MJ, not sure the title will stay buy it’s what I’m working with. I heard the Tucson festival was kick ass fun! I want to get down that way, sooner than later.

Ugh, plot problems, the bane of my existence. I feel your pain.

11. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:22 pm · Link

Terry how wonderful you get to feed your grandbaby addiction at will! Life is good. I saw your pics. Love the snow and the deer!

I think Barry is guest speaking at my rwa chapter in may or june. in the book i just completed and can’t talk about, my hero is an assassin. he’s dark and complicated, and makes no excuses for what he does or has done. all of that said, he is very heroic. le sigh.

12. Karin Tabke
    March 18th, 2010 at 1:24 pm · Link

Liz there is a lot of drama that can be spared, but in this case it was something that needed to be said and done.

I cooked two large briskets in beer and seasonings in the crock pot for 10 hours yesterday. OMG! the meat fell apart on the fork. DEE-LISH!