I’m Baaaaaaack!
September 6th, 2010

I feel like I’ve been gone for forever!  I hope everyone had a fabulous summer.  Mine ended on a very sad note: my family lost our beloved patriarch last month.  It has been heart-wrenching for us all. Each of us is taking one day at a time.  I do know this:  Dad would have wanted us all to live life to its fullest potential, and knowing that, he has inspired me to live and love harder.

So, with that, I’m going to be getting a few things taken care of so that I can give the next First Line contest my full attention. Earlier this year, Brenda Chin very graciously volunteered to be my final judge.  I’m going to rattle her cage and ask if she’s still up for it.  I’m sure she is, her editorial finesse aside, Brenda is just a great person.

I also wanted to let you all in on a secret that you may already know, I’m writing paranormal suspense as Karin Harlow!  Check out the site www.KarinHarlow.com .  My debut Harlow novel, ENEMY LOVER, is high octane action and adventure wrapped around a deeply profound love story.  I guarantee you’ll enjoy Jax and Marcus’s story!

I’m going to hop off now, but I’ll be back to chat in a few days!

In the meantime, take care,

Karin*

11 comments to “I’m Baaaaaaack!”

1. Theresa
    September 7th, 2010 at 4:19 am · Link

((((((Hugs))))))) on losing your dad. We lost my mom going on two years ago now. And heart-wrenching is exactly the word for it. So sorry you had to go through this.

Whoot! On the first line contest. Count me in.

And Wow, I didn’t know you were Karin Harlow. I’ve seen blurbs for Enemy Lover and it looks fantastic. In fact, its at the top of my next-to-buy list.

2. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    September 7th, 2010 at 11:32 am · Link

Hey, Theresa, thanks for stopping by!

Let me know if you do pick up a copy of ENEMY LOVER! and stand by for details on the upcoming contest.

and double hugs for you. loosing a parent is so hard. but today I’m smiling. dad would be kicking my ass if he saw how I’ve been.

3. Edie Ramer
    September 7th, 2010 at 6:43 pm · Link

Karin, you feel deeply, Karin, and it’s tough to lose someone we love. I’m glad you’re back.

The contest sounds great! You go!

And I’ve read Enemy Lover, and it was amazingly raw and compelling. I’m already eager to read the next book in the series.

September 8th, 2010 at 5:01 am · Link

Welcome back. I’m so sorry to read about your loss, Karin. I lost my dad back in ’03. It was hard and there’ll always be a hole, but it does get better. Honest. :hugs:

I can’t wait for your contest. I missed the last one, so I’ll be sure find something to enter this time.

Enemy Mine is on my To-buy list. Now I just have to come up with some book-fundage. Next month, maybe. =o)

September 8th, 2010 at 5:01 am · Link

Ack. Enemy Lover! :headthump:

6. Jill James
    September 9th, 2010 at 7:38 am · Link

Karin, so glad to see you back. Again, so sorry for your loss. Your family has such strength, this too they shall get through.

7. HollyD
    September 10th, 2010 at 1:56 pm · Link

Huge welcome back! I’m very sorry for your loss.

8. Karin Tabke
    September 10th, 2010 at 6:19 pm · Link

Edie, thank you.

btw, I’m reading CATTITUDE and lovig it as much as the first time I read it!

9. Karin Tabke
    September 10th, 2010 at 6:20 pm · Link

Beth, I know what you meant!

10. Karin Tabke
    September 10th, 2010 at 6:20 pm · Link

Thank you, Jill. For everything. xo

11. Karin Tabke
    September 10th, 2010 at 6:21 pm · Link

thank you, Holly. and I think I owe you a few emails!