I’m Such A Bad Blogger!
October 18th, 2010

I think about blogging but then get sidetracked, and I have lots of good stuff to share, as well as check in and see what everyone is up to, but damn, it seems to get harder and harder to clear a little part of my day to sit down and chat.

So, just a few things to catch up on, on my end:

*I hope to have some very exciting personal news to share tomorrow night (everyone keep your fingers crossed all goes well!!!).

*I got a glimpse of the BLOOD LAW cover today, and OMG, I just love the primal possession of the couple.  Wow. I will post it as soon as I can.

*I have a guest blogger this Friday.  It’s a surprise so make sure, you stop by Friday!

*I hope to have an announcement this week regarding the next First Line contest!

Now, since the last four sentences began with I, so selfish of me!  The rest of this blog is all about you!  What have you all been up to?  I want to know everything.  Everything.

What’s new?  What’s exciting?

Karin* aka Harlow

12 comments to “I’m Such A Bad Blogger!”

October 19th, 2010 at 5:22 am · Link

I can’t wait to hear your news, see your cover, read your guest blogger and I’m always excited about your contests. And I think we need to see a new pic of that gorgeous grandbaby of yours – if it’s not asking too much.

Here, I finished writing that urban fantasy I’ve been working on for over a year. So, I’ve been wrestling with my query letter, collecting a few rejections and trying to get into the groove for writing new words in November. =o)

2. HollyD
    October 19th, 2010 at 8:32 am · Link

Karin –
    I’m w/ B.E. I can’t wait for all of it. I’m looking forward to doing the new first line contest.

I’ve been writing and I went on a ride along with a police officer for an 8 hour shift. It was awesome.

We got new members to our writing group and they are going to step up our game. I’ve been writing more the last couple of weeks and it has flowed instead of trickled so I’m happy.

B.E. – congrats on finishing your book. Let us know when it gets sold. 🙂

3. Vicki
    October 19th, 2010 at 9:20 am · Link

So much good stuff to look forward to. 🙂

I’m starting a new writing calendar where I have 1 – 2 days for business (blogs and so forth) and at least 1 day for me, the rest will be writing, writing, and more writing.

4. Margaret
    October 19th, 2010 at 12:05 pm · Link

Not selfish, Karin! Blogs are time consuming. I spent three hours this AM writing a freakin’ long blog that will be posted as a two parter–tomorrow and Friday. And no, it’s not my Halloween short story–I’m still puttering around on that one and I’m going to start the posts on Sunday so I have to get my ass in gear.

5. Paula R.
    October 19th, 2010 at 2:36 pm · Link

Hey Karin, it’s my first time on your personal blog. Didn’t think to check if you had one, since I see you almost everywhere else.

I have been doing a lot of reading and some writing…I know I need to turn that around, but I am getting there.

Peace and love,
    Paula R.

6. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    October 19th, 2010 at 7:04 pm · Link

Wow, long day! So, my personal news: As many of you already know, my youngest son was sworn in today as a United States Marine. I could not be prouder. It was all I could do, not to blubber in that room. I didn’t want to embarrass him in front of the Captain or his peers. However, I have been blubbering since and can’t seem to turn off the leaky faucet.

First Line contest update: I heard from Brenda this morning, and she is good to go. However, I had decided before I emailed her to confirm she was still game, that there really is no way I can give the contest my full attention at the moment. I have two huge deadlines before Christmas, and three after. So I’m going to kick off the new year with the contest instead of driving all of us crazy with it now.

7. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    October 19th, 2010 at 7:08 pm · Link

Beth, my son swore in today as a US Marine! I do need to put up some new pics of Baby G. She is so darn cute!

Congrats on completing your story and submitting! Go you. If you need help tweaking your query letter, shoot it my way. I’d be happy to take a look. 🙂 Now, get thee going on those new words! Are you doing Nano?

8. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    October 19th, 2010 at 7:15 pm · Link

Holly, you have really stepped up your game this year! Is the CPA over? Was the ride along the climatic end? 😉 They are fun. I’ve been on a few in my day. Oh the stories, I could tell. Oh, wait, I do!

Are you using any of what you learned in your stories? Sounds like you’re inspired. What are you working on?

I envy you your writing group. While I go to my RWA meetings (and i have slacked big time this year) I still feel like I live in a cave.

9. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    October 19th, 2010 at 7:16 pm · Link

Hi, Vicki! I need to be as organized as you! What are you working on?

10. Karin Tabke aka Harlow
    October 19th, 2010 at 7:17 pm · Link

Margaret, your blogs are always so entertaining! Post your blog url!

October 20th, 2010 at 5:20 am · Link

Oooo, congrats to you and your son. =o)

Thanks, Karin. I’ll take you up on that later today, if you’re not too busy. I’m planning to do NaNo. I just have to decide which story idea grabs me enough to write 50K in a month. =o)

12. Margaret
    October 20th, 2010 at 6:02 am · Link

Aw, Thanks, Karin!

I hope today’s blog will be a little controversial–it’s about contest coordinating and pleasing the client.
    Some RWA chapter contests seem to forget who the client is–it’s the person plunking $30 into the chapter’s coffers.