American Idol Anyone?
March 2nd, 2011

AI11

I know, I know, I said I wasn’t going to watch this year, call me fickle, but I changed my mind.  And glad I did!

It has been the one indulgence I have allowed myself during yet another deadline show down. AI, oh and Castle.

While I have very personal reasons for not liking Jennifer Lopez, I think she has fit right in.  Steven Tyler?  Love him!  What I love most about him is that he gets right in there with the talent, sings with them, pushes them, and isn’t afraid to laugh at himself. Randy has slipped into the senior sage role and it suits him.  That said, I’d give anything to have Simon back. I really miss him.

So, for those of you following, as you know, last night was the 12 men.  Right off the bat, I can tell you I do not like Clint. At. All. Not after what he did to Jaycee during Hollywood week.  I was really bummed when Clint did so well last night. Based on performance, he deserves to stay, based on his personality he should have gone Hollywood week.  But that’s just me.

AI12men

I thought James was good, and you gotta love Scotty’s voice, but for me this year, it’s all about Paul.  I love his quirky rough voice.  He’s animated and just has fun with it.

aipaul

I was confused by some of the judges’ reactions to a few of the performances.  I know Simon would have lit them up, but all of the judges seemed to pretty much like all of it last night while I found several performances hard on the ears.

I’m looking forward to the ladies tonight.  A few of my faves didn’t make it, but there is enough talent to make up for it.  And I have to agree with what everyone is saying, this year the talent pool is tops.  Amazingly good.

Who are your faves this year?

Karin* aka Harlow!

7 comments to “American Idol Anyone?”

1. Ashlynn Pearce
    March 2nd, 2011 at 2:39 pm · Link

I was the same way, Karin. Swore I wasn’t going to watch it this year and did. I’m also glad I didn’t miss it.

JAMES. That’s all I can say. WOW! What a rocker voice.

Scotty– love that deep country voice.

Casey– my hubsters choice. I do like him too.

Totally agree with you on Clint. Made me so mad what they did to him.

I honestly can’t remember any of the girls. How sad is that?

2. Karin Tabke
    March 2nd, 2011 at 2:42 pm · Link

Ashlynn, I can’t remember the girls either!

3. Cee
    March 2nd, 2011 at 3:14 pm · Link

I’m with you Karin- I was not going to watch and got sucked in. I did not miss Simon until last night. I really missed him and I loooove Steven Tyler! I like Casey, James and of course rooting for my home town boy Stefano. I was all about Paul but I didn’t think he fared well last night. Scotty will do well, he may as well have sung God Bless the USA last night- what a smart song choice. I hate them for sucking me back in….LOL

4. Karin* aka Harlow!
    March 2nd, 2011 at 6:34 pm · Link

Cee, I like Stefano, and Giovanni isn’t hard on the eyes at all. muwhahahaha!

5. Karin* aka Harlow!
    March 3rd, 2011 at 12:01 am · Link

watching the girls, so far I really like Haley and Lauren.

6. Margaret
    March 3rd, 2011 at 4:06 am · Link

I think AI is getting smart and placing the better singers at the end of the queue this time around. The better guys were at the end and so were the girls.
    Guess I’ll wait to see if my few votes made a difference.

7. Karin Tabke
    March 3rd, 2011 at 12:47 pm · Link

ugh, I didn’t realize they were reducing the number from 24 to 10 tonight!