Quickie anyone? Come (*snort* no pun intended) by each month and see what romance’s favorite authors are stirring up in the kitchen and on the bookshelves.
This month Gina has made Isabel Cakes!!!
- 6 TBSP unsalted Butter, softened
- 1c packed Brown Sugar
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/2c unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp grated Orange Peel
- 1c unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 c chopped Pecans
- 1/4 c mini Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 and line 12 cup muffin tin w/cupcake liners.
In a mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar til fluffy. Beat in egg.
Beat in applesauce, vanilla and orange peel
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and chips.
Evenly fill muffin tin w/mixture,@half full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes from tin and cool completely.
At this point they can be frozen.
- Glaze: @2/3 c Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP Orange Juice
Combine glaze ingredients til spreadable and top cupcakes. Put in refrigerator until glaze hardens.
- Cheesecake Bars from Shari Anton
- Sultana Scones from Anna Louise Lucia
- Mormon Peach Cobbler and Funeral Potatoes from Natalie R. Collins
- Ice Cream Pie from Maya Banks
- Reggie’s Spicy Curry Butternut Squash Soup from Jami Alden
- Holiday Shrimp Plantain Roll from Josie Brown
- Tri-Tip Marinade from Bella Andre
- Peppered Black Beans and Sausage from Amy Knupp
- Drunk Chick on Rice from Jan Kenny
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake from Liz Kreger
- Perfect Stew from LaDonna Paulette
- Chocolate Brownies from Cynthia Eden
- Dark Satin Knight Cookies
- Mac and Cheese from Rae Monet