Dear Reader and Friend,
I’m inviting you to be a member of the Karin Tabke Street Team, to spread the word about my books. The best sell is always personal recommendation. If that’s all you do, tell or email friends about my books, that will be fabulous. And the more people you tell the better. You never know who goes home at night and curls up with a good book that was recommended by YOU!
As a member of my street team you’ll earn my gratitude and maybe a few other prizes.:)
- A chance to name a character after you in my next book.
- A chance to win autographed books in a monthly special drawing for Street Team members only. All Street Team members will be automatically entered.
- A drawing each release month for a $25 Visa gift card with TWO WINNERS!
- A date with Gerard Butler. (Kidding. I’m keeping Gerry for myself.)
- Random insider Street Team e-letters that might include a poem from hubby and insider tidbits about my characters.
- An invite to my Yahoo Street Team group where we can chat about everything and anything, including fun street tactics. It’s a place where I’ll be happy to answers any questions about writing, the business, or my books – or your books.
Here are things you can do to be a Karin Tabke Street Member. Take whatever you feel comfortable doing. If you even do one thing, that’s all you need to do to become a Street Team member.
- Talk the books up and share promo materials with friends & family to spread the word.
- Buy my books the first week of release, which helps it get on the bestseller lists.
- Ask your local library to order my books. Give the librarians the title, name and publisher.
- If my books aren’t on the shelves, ask the bookseller to order it.
- Take promo materials (bookmarks, postcards, etc) to your local stores, place them with the booksellers. You can leave them with libraries and even at coffee shops.
- Take promo materials (bookmarks, postcards, excerpts, etc) to your local reader group, writer group or RWA Chapter to share with other members.
- With the stealth of a panther, take all of my books and front them on the new release table in the front of the store! (Note, if you insist on slipping one or two in a few best seller slots it won’t hurt my feelings.)
- Feature interviews, reviews, excerpts or my video trailer via your blog, site, MySpace page, etc.
- Visit during online appearances (workshops, blog tours, chats, etc)
- Share your (honest) review of the book via Amazon and Barnes&Noble.com
Remember, do whatever you feel comfortable doing, even if it’s just one thing – although I’ll be YOUR biggest fan if you do all of these. Joining is easy! Help promote my book using one or more of the above ideas to help promote my books, then record your success story in the Street Team Enrollment Form. I’ll add you to the official Street Team list and send you bookmarks, some autographed.
The street team term came from fans of rock groups who spread the word about their favorite bands, helping them become major names. You’re reading this because my writing touched you in some way. I’m so proud that I’m kerplunked. As far as I’m concerned, YOU are a star!
Thank you for your support!
A printable list of these strategies is available here, along with a list of my books.